How about making a celebrity chef-style pasta puttanesca? Jamie Oliver’s pasta puttanesca is a colorful and jaw-dropping pasta dish. This huge plate of comforting spaghetti covered in puttanesca tomato sauce is delicious. Scroll down to know more!
Whenever you are running out of time to make a lavish dinner, consider tossing this pasta puttanesca in your kitchen. Boil the spaghetti in salted water and prepare the tomato puttanesca sauce with capers, olives, anchovies, tomatoes, and a rich blend of spices.
Simmer the sauce until it is thickened. Toss in the spaghetti with the tomato puttanesca sauce when it is ready. The knockoff Jamie Oliver pasta puttanesca will be ready in less than half an hour. Get ready for this easy-to-prepare copycat pasta dish.
Once you follow our recipe guide, I am sure there is no going back. You would be quite happy to always cook from our cookery list and infuse the perfect blend of flavors.
Follow the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions. The frequently asked questions are also mentioned in the article below.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca?
- Saucepan – Use a saucepan to boil the spaghetti pasta.
- Skillet – Saute all the veggies and herbs in a skillet.
- Pasta Bowl – Toss the spaghetti pasta with the sauce in a bowl.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca?
- Spaghetti – Take half a pound of dried spaghetti to prepare the pasta puttanesca.
- Garlic – Bring out some aromatic flavors to the pasta puttanesca.
- Red Chili – Slice the red chilies to add some spice to the pasta dish.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – The best oil for sauteing and frying is extra virgin olive oil.
- Capers – Add a few soaked and drained capers for lemony and tangy flavors.
- Olives – Olives are well suited for pasta dishes.
- Oregano – Herbal flavors are enhanced with a teaspoon of oregano.
- Anchovy – For adding some savory fishy flavors, add two anchovy filets.
- Canned Tomatoes – Add some canned tomatoes to bring tangy and mildly sweet flavors.
- Basil – Get some earthy and minty flavors by adding fresh green basil.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – For seasoning, add a pinch of black pepper.
Steps To Make Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca
1. Initial Stage
Begin to boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic, capers, olives, anchovies, chilies, and oregano in a splash of oil. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes until you achieve a thick consistency.
Begin to put together spaghetti with the tomato sauce. Remove the sauce from the heat and toss the spaghetti in the sauce. Garnish it with freshly chopped basil and serve hot. Bon Appetit!
How Will Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca Look And Taste Like?
Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca has spicy, savory, sweet, and bold flavors. Let your taste buds salivate with a punch of aromatic and herbal flavors. Once you try this pasta, you would surely want to add this pasta dish to your culinary list.
Jamie Oliver Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
- ½ cup Spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Capers
- ½ cup Olives
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ cup Anchovy
- ½ cup Basil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Take a skillet to add garlic, capers, olives, anchovies, chilies, and oregano. Saute until the color is changed.
Then, add canned tomatoes and simmer until it is cooked through. Simmer the sauce until it is reduced to half.
Simultaneously, boil the spaghetti in salted boiling water.
Finally, toss the spaghetti in the puttanesca sauce.
Garnish it with freshly chopped basil on the top.
Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the ingredients in puttanesca sauce?
The Jamie Oliver pasta puttanesca sauce includes spaghetti, virgin olive oil, garlic, capers, olives, anchovies, chilies, and oregano.
Is pasta puttanesca healthy?
Jamie Oliver pasta puttanesca is healthy with a powerful punch of flavors.
Can puttanesca sauce be frozen?
Pasta puttanesca can be frozen for up to 3 months. Freezing pasta puttanesca sauce tastes even better.
What white wine goes with pasta?
White wines are great options to try with the pasta puttanesca.
Grab your apron and get ready to make Jamie Oliver pasta puttanesca at home. Refer to the details in the article above. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.