Uncle Roger, an internet celebrity, is known for his standup comedies. His real name is Nigel Ng which is completely different from his reel name. Uncle Roger’s Egg-Fried Rice recipe is a perfect meal. Fried rice is best made when you use a wok pan. Wok work with no fuss, this uncle Roger’s egg-fried rice is flavourful.
Uncle Roger’s egg fried recipe became popular in July 2020 when his notorious comic video went viral overnight. The recipe has whipped up our cravings. It is quite simple and can be made in just 15 minutes. As it is a traditional Asian cuisine, people love this versatile uncle Roger’s egg-fried rice recipe.
There isn’t much ado to make this authentic uncle Roger’s egg-fried rice recipe. It is less time-consuming and made with amazing flavors. Sesame oil, an important ingredient, brings out an earthy and nutty aroma.
You can also add some zingy flavor to the fried rice with some plum sauce. Don’t have plum sauce? Here is a list of plum sauce substitutes for you to try.
It is an essential component in Asian and Chinese cuisine. I am sharing all the details in this article. To make the egg-fried rice, just like uncle Roger, follow the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. First, let’s talk about Uncle Roger.
What’s In The Post
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup Recipe
- Cheaters Pizza Recipe
- Macaroni With Chicken Strips Recipe
- Quiche Without Cream Recipe
- Healthy Oatmeal For Abs Recipe
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe
- Fried Dough Recipe
- Homemade Protein Powder Recipe
Why Is Uncle Roger Famous?
Uncle Roger’s real name is Nigel Ng. He is a middle-aged Asian man who reviews the Asian-food recipes. He became popular on social media as Uncle Roger. His humor has stunned the social media platforms. Not to forget his go-to catchphrase, ‘You are killing me, woman’ has increased his fan-following.
What’s The Best Rice To Make Uncle Roger Fried Rice?
Long grain rice is perfect for preparing fried rice recipes. For achieving better results, long grain rice like Jasmine is the best option. Make sure you don’t use short grain rice. This will make the fried rice recipe clumpy and gummy in texture.
Tips For Making The Best Fried Rice
There are some of the pro tips that you can use to prepare the top-notch egg fried rice at home. Check out some of the best options in the following points.
- Choose the right type of rice to make fried rice. The best rice is long grain rice.
- Using cold rice for making fried rice results in the best texture.
- It is best to use cold rice for making the fried rice.
- Rinse the rice before adding it to the pan for making fried rice.
- Break up the clumps of rice before you proceed with stir frying.
- You can prepare the fried rice by using unsalted butter instead of oil. This will help you in achieving better results.
- Brown rice can be substituted with white rice for more nutritional value.
Does Uncle Roger Wash His Rice?
Yes, Uncle Roger prefers washing the rice before making the fried rice. Have you seen the YouTube video where Uncle Roger wasn’t happy about not washing the rice before cooking? If yes, then you can relate to this. It is important to wash the rice before you prepare the fried rice or any other recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Uncle Roger’s Egg Fried Rice?
- Wok Pan – Take a wok pan for an authentic smoky flavor.
- Knife – Use a sharp knife to chop some garlic and shallots. Chop both of these in small chunks.
- Bowl – Keep a separate bowl to add the egg. Break and drop the egg directly in the bowl to save you some time.
- Ladle – A big ladle spoon is the best option for tossing all the ingredients together.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Uncle Roger’s Egg Fried Rice?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Uncle Roger’s Egg Fried Rice?
- Garlic – For quick-cooking, garlic brings out the best flavors. Take 5 cloves of garlic to achieve a soft, pungent, and pleasing aroma.
- Shallots – Three shallots are enough for a bowl of fried rice. The shallot brings out strong and sweet flavors.
- Eggs – Take one full egg and one egg yolk. Uncle Roger advised whisking the egg with the chopstick. You can use the fork or spoon as well. As the recipe is egg-fried rice, the egg has to be the main ingredient.
- Spring Onions – Chop the spring onions finely to add to the recipe. The spring onions have a sharp, strong and somewhat spicy flavor. Moreover, it will add some colors to the fried rice.
- Red Chilies – Use the chilies according to your heat tolerance. Uncle Roger used three chopped red chilies to make it a little spicy.
- Rice- The best option is to pre-cook the rice a night before. Freshly cooked rice may get soggy while you make fried rice.
- Soya Sauce – This ingredient is primarily added to all Chinese dishes. Soy sauce will bring out the umami flavor in the fried rice.
- Sesame Oil – The oil has a strong, nutty aroma. It is best suitable for high heat cooking.
- Peanut Oil – Peanut oil is great for deep-frying and also doesn’t absorb the other flavors. This oil also has an earthy and nutty flavor.
- MSG – Msg (monosodium glutamate) is a sodium salt slightly different from salt. It has a low amount of sodium in comparison to salt. It enhances the salty flavor in the food.
Steps To Make Uncle Roger’s Egg Fried Rice
1. Child’s Play
The first step is child’s play as there isn’t much to do. Chop garlic, shallots, and red chilies separately. Put the wok on the heat, drizzle a few drops of peanut oil. Heat the oil until the vapor comes out. Add chopped garlic and shallots, saute them together until it’s fragrant.
2. Put Together
Add cracked and lightly beaten eggs, let them cook for 2 mins. Mix it well. Once the eggs are cooked, add a bowl of pre-cooked rice. You will see the difference in the rice as it won’t be sticky and soggy but separated. Immediately after adding rice, add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a teaspoon of Asain sesame oil. Both these ingredients will add umami and earthy flavors.
3. ‘Bon Appetit’
Give a nice toss to the fried rice. Season it with salt and pepper. Cook for 13 minutes and let all the ingredients blend well. You can feel the aromatic fragrance once it is cooked, turn off the stove, and serve hot. Bon Appetit (enjoy a happy meal).
How To Store Uncle Roger Fried Rice
You can store the fried rice in an airtight container for later use. You can eat the fried rice for up to 2 days, not more than that. After two days the rice will become soggy and the eggs will lose their delicate flavors.
How Will Uncle Roger’s Egg Fried Rice Look And Taste Like?
Uncle Roger’s egg-fried rice looks appetizing and tastes delicious. The flavor added to the fried rice brings out the aromatic fragrance. The rice is soft and not soggy. The fluffy and dry texture of the fried rice is appealing. Most Chinese dishes are cooked in a large wok on high heat. The heat vaporizes the moisture, which makes the rice tasty in a certain way.
Uncle Roger Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Chop garlic, shallots, red chillies and spring onions. Take a wok, drizzle some peanut oil. Saute the garlic and shallots until it’s brown.
Add beaten one full egg and one egg yolk to the wok. Using a spatula mix the scrambled eggs properly.
After cooking the eggs a bit, add a bowl of cooked rice.
Simultaneously add a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of sesame oil and a bowl of chicken stock to add umami flavors.
Mix all the ingredients well and let it cook for 10 minutes. Toss the rice in a wok and flip it over. Once you see the smoke, understand that egg-fried rice is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you make Uncle Roger fried rice?
Prepare scrambled egg, add chicken stock to the rice, merge and you are good to go. Uncle Rogers egg-fried rice will be ready in a jiffy.
How much oil do you use for fried rice?
Take a tablespoon of oil to make fried rice.
What gives Chinese fried rice its Flavour?
The Chinese fried rice has the flavor of soy sauce, oyster, and fish sauce.
Do you boil rice before frying it?
Yes, half cook the rice before you go ahead and fry them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Uncle Roger and Nigel the same person?
Yes Uncle Roger and Nigel are the same person. Nigel Ng is a Malaysian standup comedian and content creator based in the UK. He is well-known as Uncle Roger, since he got viral from his portrayal in 20202.
Why is Uncle Roger so popular?
Nigel Ng became popular on social media as Uncle Roger, because of his reviews on Asian-food recipes with a pronounced Cantonese-like accent and prides himself on many Southeast Asian stereotypes.
What happened between Uncle Roger and Auntie Helen?
Uncle Roger and Auntie Helen have decided to put their podcast “Rice to Meet You” on hold. Due to their creative differences they had to take some time off.
What is the best rice to use for fried rice?
Long-grain white rice is perfect for fried rice. It cooks up fluffy and not sticky, with individual grains remaining firm and distinct.
There are numerous ways to customize your bowl to your taste. However, uncle Roger may not approve! So to make the same uncle Roger’s egg fried rice recipe at home, follow the instructions properly. Share your experience and cooking twists with me in the comment section below.