Note- This post may contain affiliate links, we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs.
Bobby Flay’s grilled corn on the cob recipe is a delicious summer treat. It’s perfectly charred with smoky flavors from the grill. Brushed with herb and barbecue butter, it’s a classic recipe that is sure to please. Here are the details.
Start by pulling down the husks of the corn, leaving them attached. Soak the corn in water for a while, then grill it to perfection. Prepare the barbecue butter by combining spices, unsalted butter, and seasonings. Also, make the herb butter with dried herbs and seasonings. Brush the butter onto the corn and enjoy the burst of flavors.
If you’re grilling corn with the husks, make sure to soak them first. This prevents them from burning and helps steam the interior, resulting in juicy, flavorful kernels in every bite.
With summertime here, it’s the perfect time to grill corn on the cob. The sweetness and crunch of summer corn paired with a smoky char are unbeatable. Before you dig into this delicious corn, follow this recipe and gather the necessary equipment. Find the details below and explore more Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Bucatini Amatriciana
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken
- Bobby Flay Sandwich
- Bobby Flay Pork Chop Recipe
- Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Apple Salad
- Bobby Flay Corn Salad
- Bobby Flay Chicken Salad
- Bobby Flay Brussel Sprouts Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
- Charcoal Grill – Grill the corn cob for fifteen minutes on the charcoal grill.
- Tong – Flip the corn cob on the grill with a tong.
- Bowl – Soak the corn cob in water using a bowl.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions and garlic in a cooking pan to make BBQ butter.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||45 Minutes||25 Minutes||1 Hour 50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob?
- Corn Cob – Grill corn cob for the perfect smoky flavors.
- Butter – Use a teaspoon of butter to make barbecue and herb butter.
- Water – Soak corn cob in water before grilling.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Add Worcestershire sauce to the barbecue butter for hot flavors.
- Garlic – Garlic gives a fragrant aroma to the barbecue butter.
- Onion – Onion adds an amazing crunch to the barbecue butter.
- Cayenne Powder – Level up the spiciness of the barbecue butter with cayenne powder.
- Cumin Seeds – Cumin seeds bring earthy flavors to the butter.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Add some ancho chili powder to barbecue butter for a fruity, spicy flavor.
- Chives – Chives are great for herb butter to bring freshness.
- Basil – Basil is the most essential herb to prepare herb butter.
- Salt – A little bit of salt in flavored butter enhances the taste.
- Black Pepper – Use a dash of black pepper to add strong flavors to butter.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
1. Prepare Corn
Heat the grill to medium heat. Pull down the husks of the corn, but keep them attached. Soak the corn cob in water for at least ten minutes to retain moisture.
2. Grill The Corn
Remove the corn cob from the water and grill it for fifteen to twenty minutes, turning every five minutes. Remove the husk once grilled and place the corn in the kitchen.
3. Make Barbecue Butter
Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for three minutes. Add paprika, cayenne, cumin, and ancho chili powder and cook for another minute. Add water to prevent spices from burning. Mix well and cook until water is reduced to half. Set aside.
Take a tablespoon of butter and transfer it to the food processor. Add the spice mixture and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer the mixture to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Barbecue Butter is ready.
4. Prepare Herb Butter
Combine butter, basil, and chives in the food processor. Season with salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Herb butter is ready.
5. Serve Corn
Serve the corn with barbecue butter and spread herb butter over it. Enjoy!
How Will Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay’s grilled corn on the cob looks charred and has a hint of smoky flavor. It is juicy and tender, perfectly coated with hot and spicy barbecue butter. The herb butter adds a refreshing and earthy touch.
|Total Fat||8.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||20 g|
Bobby Flay’s grilled corn on the cob recipe is a delicious summer treat. It’s perfectly charred with smoky flavors from the grill.
- Charcoal Grill
- Cooking Pan
- Heat grill on high heat. Meanwhile, put down the husk from the corn and remove the silks. Return back the husk to the corn and place it on the grill.
- Grill for twenty minutes.
- Meanwhile, grilling, and preparing BBQ butter. Add onions, and garlic to the pan filled with oil and cook for three minutes.
- Add paprika, cayenne, cumin, and ancho chili powder. Cook for a minute.
- Now add water so the spices don’t get burned. Mix well and cook until water is reduced to half. Keep it aside.
- Place a tablespoon of butter into the food processor. Add the spice mixture we just prepared. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and process the butter.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Barbecue Butter is ready.
- Combine butter, basil, and chives in the food processor. Season with salt and black pepper. Process until smooth. Herb butter is ready.
- Serve the corn with barbecue butter and spread herb butter over the corn. Enjoy!
- Bobby Flay grilled corn on the cob is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does corn take on the grill?
It takes around fifteen to twenty minutes to grill.
Do you have to pre-soak corn before grilling?
Yes! Pre-soaking the corn in water before grilling helps retain its moisture.
Can you grill corn without boiling first?
Yes! You can grill corn without boiling it.
Is it better to grill or boil corn?
Grilling corn with the husks is generally better.
What goes well with corn on the cob?
Corn on the cob pairs well with salad, grilled chicken, pork ribs, and even rice.
Try out this amazing Bobby Flay grilled corn on the cob recipe! You’ll be asking for more!