Let’s take french toast one step further with savory stuffing. Say hi to Bobby Flay’s french toast recipe. It’s sure to stand over traditional french toast. Get some oozy, creamy, cheesy feelings with each bite of this french toast recipe. Dive right in with me!
To start with: make a creme fraiche mixture. Cook bacon, onions, and green mustard with a splash of vinegar and honey. Prepare a delicious custard for dipping your toast. Load the french toast with cheese, veggies, bacon, and toast in butter.
I’m sure you love French toast for breakfast. To make them super perfect, here is a tip! Prepare a custard with eggs, crema, and cheese, and dip bread slices for at least thirty seconds. The bread absorbs the custard while cooked in butter. That’s where the hidden taste is!
Start your morning off with a delicious stuffed Bobby Flay French toast recipe. Whether you are looking for a sandwich or eggs, this has everything in one bite! Check out this recipe instruction, and find nutritional information below. Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What’s In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Bucatini Amatriciana
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken
- Bobby Flay Sandwich
- Bobby Flay Pork Chop Recipe
- Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Apple Salad
- Bobby Flay Corn Salad
- Bobby Flay Chicken Salad
- Bobby Flay Brussel Sprouts Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay French Toast?
- Cooking Pan – Cook fresh vegetables and bacon in the cooking pan.
- Bowl – Combine creamy ingredients in the bowl.
- Baking Dish – Whisk together eggs and cream in the baking dish.
- Tong – Use a tong for cooking bacon and veggies.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay French Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||45 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay French Toast?
- Bread Slices – Make a delicious French toast with fresh bread slices.
- Creme Fraiche – Creme Fraiche is sour, tangy, and thick in texture. It adds a perfect layer to bread slices.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard brings intense flavors to French toast.
- Hot Sauce – Combine some hot sauce with creme fraiche mixture to get a spicy kick.
- Vinegar – A splash of vinegar while sauteing onions and green mustard adds sour flavors.
- Honey – A tablespoon of honey goes well with green mustard.
- Bacon – Add crispy bacon to complete the French toast stuffing.
- Half and half – Make a creamy custard with half and half.
- Eggs – Eggs are best to soak the bread slices in the eggs.
- Parmesan Cheese – Sprinkle parmesan cheese in the custard for deep cheese flavors.
- Gruyere Cheese – Top up bread slices with gruyere cheese.
- Oil – Saute onions, green mustard, and bacon in the oil.
- Butter – Toast bread in the butter.
- Onion – Stuff onions in the sandwich for some crunch.
- Green Mustard – Stuff green mustard in the sandwich for some peppery taste.
- Salt – Season bacon, veggies, and creme Fraiche mixture with some salt.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper to everything for a strong flavor.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay French Toast
1. Prepare Crème Fraiche Spread
Combine creme fraiche, mustard sauce, and hot sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Keep it aside.
2. Cook Bacon
Heat oil in the pan on medium heat. Cook bacon until crisp for six to eight minutes. Drain on paper towels.
3. Prepare Onions and Mustard Green
Add onions to the same pan, and cook for two minutes until softened. Then add green mustard and season with salt and black pepper. Stir in vinegar and add a splash of honey. Cook for three minutes more. Then transfer to the bowl.
4. Prepare Custard
In the baking dish, combine eggs and a half and half. Mix well. Then add parmesan cheese and sprinkle salt and black pepper.
5. Prepare Bread Slices
Take some bread slices. Spread creme fraiche mixture on the top. Top with a gruyere cheese slice. Top with bacon pieces and onion mustard green mixture. Press down the sandwich.
Now dip into the custard and soak for thirty seconds on each side. It will soak up in bread slices well. Now heat butter in the pan, and place the sandwich. Cook both sides for three to four minutes. Bobby Flay’s French toast is ready.
|Total Carbohydrates||131 g|
How Will Bobby Flay French Toast Look And Taste Like?
This Bobby Flay french toast is a decadent play packed with cheese, veggies, and bacon. It’s super gooey inside, and a hint of parmesan cheese comes right. The green mustard cooked in vinegar gives a sour flavor. Overall, this french toast is a flavor explosion.
Bobby Flay French Toast Recipe
Combine creme fraiche, mustard sauce, and hot sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Keep the mixture aside.
Heat oil in the pan. Cook bacon until crisp for five minutes. Keep it aside.
Now heat oil into the same pan and cook onions and green mustard. Add a splash of honey and one tablespoon of vinegar. Cook for five minutes. Remove from heat.
Combine eggs, half and half, and parmesan in the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Take bread slices. Spread creme Fraiche mixture on it. Place bacon pieces and top with gruyere cheese. Now top with onion and green mustard mixture. Pack the sandwich.
Heat butter in the pan and cook the sandwich on both sides for five minutes until the cheese melts and the sandwich becomes brown.
Bobby Flay french toast is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the most common mistake in making French toast?
Soaking the bread in custard is very important for making french toast.
What’s the difference between eggy bread and French toast?
Egg bread is savory, while the french toast is sweet.
What bread makes the best French toast?
Brioche, french baguette, and challah are some of the best french toast.
Does French toast have to be sweet?
No! Various types of french toast are prepared like sweet, savory, and stuffed.
What goes with French toast?
You can enjoy enchiladas, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, sausages, and yogurt with french toast.
Breakfast doesn’t get better than this lip-smacking Bobby Flay french toast recipe. Find the recipe here!