Feel festival and holiday vibes with none other than a tootsie roll shot. It’s definitely the drink of the Christmas season.
There’s something about the tootsie roll shot recipe that screams party. Maybe it’s the vibrant orange color, or maybe it’s the fact that it tastes like a liquid tootsie roll. Either way, this shot is sure to get the party started.
The tootsie Roll shot has two ingredients: coffee-flavored liqueur and orange juice. And it’s surprisingly easy to make.
Just shake all the ingredients together with ice and strain into a shot glass. Then sit back and enjoy the boozy ride.
This shot is sweet, bitter, and oh-so-amazing. It’s also pretty strong. But if you do not mind a little liquor, then go ahead, and enjoy the buzz.
I have included an equipment list and also got you some fun information about this drink. So, without further ado, let’s move ahead with the drink.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Tootsie Roll Shot?
- Shaker – Shake the cocktail in the shaker.
- Shot Glasses – Serve tootsie roll shot in the shot glasses and enjoy.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Tootsie Roll Shot?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Tootsie Roll Shot?
- Orange Juice – Use orange juice for the citrusy flavor notes in this shot recipe.
- Coffee-Flavored Liqueur – For cocoa flavor, strong coffee flavor, and alcoholic kick, add coffee-flavored liqueur rum.
- Ice Cubes – Shake the ingredients above with ice cubes for a cooling effect.
Fun Facts About Tootsie Roll Shot
For many of those who want to know a hidden secret about tootsie roll shots, here are some fun facts about this tasty recipe:
- The Tootsie Roll shot was created in the early 1990s by bartenders in New York City.
- The original recipe called for vodka, but rum was later substituted to give it a unique flavor.
- Orange extract is added to bring out a distinctive flavor in the shot.
- Tootsie Rolls are among the most popular candy brands in the United States. They are so popular that they are often used as an ingredient in shots and cocktails!
- If you’re looking for a delicious and unique shot recipe, look no further than the Tootsie Roll shot. This flavorful drink is sure to please any crowd!
What Are The Tips To Make Tootsie Roll Shot?
- For a tootsie roll shot, you can also use creme de cocoa. It will make the shot creamy and enhance its appearance, texture, and richness.
- To add a coffee flavor, we add coffee-flavored liqueur, also called Kahlua. However, there are many options that you can choose from, like vodka and cocoa Krispie roll punch.
Steps To Make Tootsie Roll Shot
1. Gather Ingredients
To make a tootsie roll, gather all the ingredients. We’ll need lump-free orange juice, coffee-flavored liqueur, and ice cubes.
2. Shake Them Well
Take a cocktail shaker and put in some ice cubes. Now pour orange juice and coffee-flavored liqueur into it. Shake well for two minutes. Everything is combined well.
If you don’t have a shaker, fill each shot glass with ½ -⅓ orange juice and coffee-flavored liqueur.
For strong chocolate flavor, fill up the shot glass with ⅓ with orange juice and ⅔ with coffee-flavored liqueur. You can customize the way you like and enjoy this holiday drink.
3. Serve And Enjoy
Pour the tootsie roll drink into the shot glasses. It’s ready.
How Will Tootsie Roll Shot Look And Taste Like?
Tootsie roll shot is an alcoholic cocktail with a subtle, strong taste. It’s a cocoa-flavored drink that also has coffee notes.
The orange juice gives the drink a fruity flavor. All in all, it’s a perfect drink to enjoy your holiday time.
Tootsie Roll Shot Recipe
Combine ice cubes, orange juice, and coffee-flavored liqueur in a shaker.
Shake for two minutes until everything is combined.
Pour in the shot glasses.
The tootsie roll shot is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is a Tootsie Roll shot made of?
Tootsie roll is made of only two ingredients: coffee-flavored liqueur, also called Kahlua, and lump-free orange juice. Although there are many variations of tootsie roll shots, this one is the most famous.
What is the Tootsie Roll flavor?
Tootsie roll has a chocolate flavor. It is a candy that has a sweet caramel taste. The chocolate originated in Chicago, United States.
Can you use vodka for tootsie roll shots?
Yes, you can use plain vodka for tootsie roll shots.
What is a tootsie roll?
Tootsie roll is a chewy chocolate candy. It has a caramel consistency, an iconic candy that got its name from the inventor’s daughter, tootsie.
What is the alcohol content of coffee-flavored liqueur?
The coffee-flavored liqueur has 20% ABV.
Whether making this drink for a party or just for yourself, the tootsie roll shot is a delicious and easy way to enjoy your favorite candy.
Made with just three ingredients, this drink can be enjoyed by anyone who loves the taste of chocolate.
And, if you want to get creative, you can even try adding other syrup flavors to the mix. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try today!