Level up your holiday drink game by trying the fireball eggnog recipe this Christmas. If you have had eggnog before, you know how delicious it tastes. But if you haven’t tried a fireball eggnog recipe yet, you will get to know how incredible it tastes!
Traditional eggnog is a non-alcoholic beverage and is flavored with cinnamon. However, to make the flavors more interesting, it is also spiked with alcohol like rum, brandy, or whisky.
These ingredients turn this drink into a fireball eggnog. If you want a delicious twist to your regular eggnog, you should try out the fireball eggnog recipe for its delectable flavors.
To make fireball eggnog, two liqueurs are mixed together with prepared eggnog. What makes this drink attractive and flavorful is the cinnamon-sugar rim.
Here we use raw sugar and ground cinnamon to cover the rim of the glass. You can savor their flavors in every sip!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Fireball Eggnog?
- Old-fashioned glass – You will need an old-fashioned glass to serve fireball eggnog.
- Bowl – To cover the rim, a bowl will be required to mix ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Cocktail Shaker – A cocktail shaker will be required to make the drink.
- Grater – A grater will be needed to grate nutmeg.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Fireball Eggnog?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Fireball Eggnog?
- Sugar – You will need one-fourth cup of raw sugar to cover the rim.
- Ground Cinnamon – You will need two tablespoons of ground cinnamon to cover the rim.
- Eggnog – To make fireball eggnog, eggnog is the most important ingredient. You will need 3 ounces of store-bought or homemade eggnog.
- Cinnamon-Flavored Whiskey Liqueur – To make alcoholic eggnog, you will need two ounces of cinnamon-flavored whiskey liqueur.
- Amaretto Liqueur – We will also add ¾ ounce amaretto liqueur.
- Cinnamon Stick – To garnish the drink, we will need one stick of cinnamon.
- Nutmeg – We will also add some freshly grated nutmeg for garnishing.
Steps To Make Fireball Eggnog
1. Prepare The Glass
Mix sugar and ground cinnamon in a bowl. Take another small dish and add a small amount of amaretto liqueur. Dip the glass rim into the amaretto and roll it into the sugar-cinnamon mix.
2. Prepare The Drink
Take a cocktail shaker and pour eggnog, cinnamon whiskey liqueur, and amaretto. Add some ice cubes. Shake the ingredients for 30 seconds and strain the drink into the glass. Garnish the drink with a cinnamon stick and grated nutmeg.
How Strong is Fireball Eggnog?
Eggnogs are known to get people drunk on holidays. But this recipe of Fireball eggnog isn’t too strong. A bottle of Fireball Whisky is lighter than the average whiskey, which is just 33 percent ABV (66 proof). This drink contains 12 percent ABV (24 proof).
If you wish to increase the alcohol content, you can use Fireball 42 Proof to increase the alcohol content.
What To Serve With Fireball Eggnog?
Eggnog is a famous Christmas drink. It tastes amazing on its own when paired with milk-based foods and appetizers that are not too strong in flavor. Check out the list of foods that pair well with Fireball eggnog.
- Ham and Cheese Mushrooms – Stuffed mushrooms with ham and cheese and a simple seasoning are a good option to serve alongside fireball eggnog. It has umami flavors that taste great with this drink.
- Gingerbread Cookies – Gingerbread cookies are a great match with fireball eggnog. They contain similar spices that are found in the drink.
- Canapes – Canapes come in different flavors. You can try some cheese and meat canapes to go with fireball eggnog.
- Cheese Balls – As mentioned above, fireball eggnog pairs extremely well with milk-based foods. Therefore, you can serve delicious gooey cheese balls with this drink.
- Feta Skewers – Feta skewers are a great party appetizer. They are easy to make and taste incredible with this drink.
How Will Fireball Eggnog Look And Taste Like?
Fireball Eggnog is a creamy and flavorful drink to sip this winter season. It is a sweet-tasting drink, having warm notes of cinnamon and a kick of alcohol.
Fireball Eggnog Recipe
Mix sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
Add a small amount of amaretto to another small dish.
Dip the glass rim into the amaretto and roll it into the sugar-cinnamon mix.
Take a cocktail shaker and pour eggnog, cinnamon whiskey liqueur, and amaretto. Add some ice cubes. Shake the ingredients for 30 seconds and strain the drink into the glass.
Garnish the drink with a cinnamon stick and grated nutmeg.
Fireball Eggnog is a great twist to the regular eggnog that tastes delicious. Try it out, and let me know in the comments section how much your guests enjoyed this drink.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
Does fireball eggnog contain alcohol?
Yes, fireball eggnog contains alcohol.
What ingredients do we need to make fireball eggnog?
To make fireball eggnog, you need Cinnamon-Flavored Whiskey Liqueur, Amaretto Liqueur, eggnog, ground cinnamon, and raw sugar.
What food items can be paired with fireball eggnog?
You can serve canapes, feta skewers, gingerbread cookies, cheese balls, ham, and cheese mushrooms.