Are you a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Well then, what if I tell you that you can savor these flavors in a drink? Yes, you read that right! Presenting to you a peanut butter and jelly shot recipe.
Peanut butter and a jelly shots are alcoholic shots made with just two ingredients. This drink is most apt for parties. This popular shot is smooth to drink and brings forward childhood memories of savoring peanut butter and jelly flavors.
Before you think it is made of peanut butter and jelly, let me clarify the ingredients. This shot, also known as PB&J, is made using peanut butter whiskey and Chambord. Both of them are liqueurs that taste incredible.
This shot takes seconds to prepare and can be served in two ways. You can either shake up the ingredients together or use the method of layering, which I talked about in the recipe for the butterball shot.
If you are looking for delicious cocktails to serve for your party, you can serve both these cocktails!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter And Jelly Shot?
- Shot Glass – A shot glass will be needed to serve the drink.
- Cocktail Shaker – You will need a cocktail shaker to mix the alcohol.
- Cocktail Skewer – To garnish the shot, you will need a cocktail skewer to hold the raspberry.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter And Jelly Shot?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|2 Minutes||2 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Peanut Butter And Jelly Shot?
- Chambord Liqueur – Chambord liqueur is a sweet raspberry-flavored liqueur. It is made with a mix of raspberry and blackberry, and has a deep red and almost purple color. You will need one ounce of Chambord liqueur to make a peanut butter and jelly shot.
- Peanut Butter Whiskey – Peanut butter whiskey is the real thing. You will need one ounce of peanut butter whiskey to make this shot. Skrewball is a great brand to use for this cocktail. It tastes of caramel and vanilla with a nutty peanut flavor. You will need one ounce of peanut butter whiskey.
- Fresh Raspberries – To garnish the drink, you will need fresh raspberries.
Steps To Make Peanut Butter And Jelly Shot
Peanut butter and jelly shots can be made in two ways. You can combine both alcohols in a cocktail shaker and serve it in a glass. Or else, you can layer the drink by pouring the heavier alcohol below and floating the lighter one on top.
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot In Cocktail Shaker
To mix both the alcohol flavors, you can add Chambord and peanut butter whiskey in a cocktail shaker. Shake it with some ice and strain the drink into the glass.
2. Layered Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot
If you wish to serve the drink with two distinct layers visible, pour peanut butter whiskey in the bottom. With the help of the back of the spoon, slowly slide the Chambord on top.
How Will Peanut Butter And Jelly Shot Look And Taste Like?
Shots tend to taste bitter, but peanut butter and jelly shots have a sweet flavor and a smooth feel. The Chambord liqueur has a sweet fruity flavor.
On the other hand, the Skrewball peanut butter whiskey brings on board sweet caramel and vanilla taste with a nutty peanut flavor. The mix of the two alcohols creates a delicious drink that looks eye-catching too!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot Recipe
Take a cocktail shaker.
Add Chambord liqueur and Skrewball peanut butter whiskey.
Shake the cocktail shaker for 30 seconds.
Pour the drink into the shot glass.
Insert a skewer in one fresh raspberry. Place it on the rim of the glass.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What alcohol tastes like peanut butter?
Skrewball whiskey has a peanut butter taste.
What is the basic rule for layering drinks?
To create a layered drink, you need to pour the liquids in the order of their weight. The heaviest ingredient goes on the bottom, and the lighter one is poured on top.
Can I make peanut butter and jelly shots as a layered shot?
Yes! You can layer the alcohol on top of one another in your shot glass instead of shaking them together.
Can I batch this shot recipe?
Yes! You can make a bigger batch of this recipe by multiplying the ingredients by how many shots you want to make.
Try out this delicious peanut butter and jelly shot recipe. For more such recipes, check out our website!
Disclaimer –The images added in this blog post have been taken from Our Crafty Cocktails.