Welcome to my cherry margarita recipe! This classic cocktail is perfect for summer parties and get-togethers, and it’s refreshing, fruity, and oh-so-easy to make.
Begin by rimming the glass with salt. Next, combine the tequila, cherry liqueur, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake well and pour them into the glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with fresh cherries and serve immediately.
You can try sour cherries and black cherries instead of sweet red cherries. You can add cherry juice and skip Maraschino liqueur if you don’t get it.
So, what are you waiting for? Let us dive into one of the easiest margarita recipes. While scrolling down, you will come across essential ingredients and steps to make the fruity drink. So, let’s get started!
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Cherry Margarita?
- Cocktail Shaker – A cocktail shaker will allow you to mix ingredients while thoroughly chilling the drink.
- Chopstick – Place your pointed chopstick above the cherry, where there is a stem and push down until you can feel the pit.
- Muddler – A cocktail muddler is used to mash cherries and lime juice to release the essence from fresh ingredients, adding dimensions to your drinks and infusing them with the right flavors.
- Lime Juicer – Place a bowl underneath the lime juicer and press one lime half into the juicer to release as much citrus juice as possible.
- Rolling Pin – Crush ice cubes crushed to make a frozen Margarita so that the cocktail blends and cools rapidly.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Cherry Margarita?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Cherry Margarita?
- Tequila – A good quality tequila is a must for making a cherry margarita. I have used Reposado tequila, giving cherry margarita a beautiful subtle golden color with a subtle balance of fruits, florals, and spices.
- Maraschino Liqueur – Maraschino is a type of triple sec liqueur that will give a sweet flavor, bringing a sweet punch to the mix and offset sour cherry and almond notes.
- Lime Juice – Pour lime juice into a margarita which will work best.
- Simple Syrup – Use simple syrup to impart sweetness and smooth flavor to the margarita.
- Fresh Cherries – I used sweet red cherries, but tart cherries can reduce the amount of lime juice.
- Salt – Salt will intensify the sweet and sour flavors of the drink and make the sour seem brighter, making the overall drink experience much more pleasurable.
- Ice Cubes – I have used crushed ice when making a frozen Margarita so that the cocktail blends and cools rapidly, giving the drink a smooth texture in seconds.
Steps To Make Cherry Margarita
1. Start By Rimming
Take a cocktail shaker and a handful of stemmed and seeded red cherries with fresh lime juice.
I used a chopstick to push the seed out. Or you can slice the cherry with a knife and open it to remove the seeds.
Roll the lime under your palm before squeezing it to get as much juice as possible.
2. Shake-Shake The Cocktail
We will mash the cherries and lime juice together until the fruit breaks down. You can use a muddler or a sturdy wooden spoon.
Add tequila, Maraschino liqueur, and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker and shake for 15-30 seconds.
3. Trade The Cocktail
Spread salt onto a plate, spread the juice of the lime slice along the rim of the glass and then swirl the glass into the salt.
Trade the cocktail and pour it into an ice-filled glass. Now sip and enjoy, preferably on a cosy patio with good company.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||65 iu|
|Vitamin C||14 mg|
How Will A Cherry Margarita Look And Taste Like?
Cherry margarita has a tart and sweet flavor with a hint of lime. Cherry margaritas are the perfect summertime cocktail.
This summery margarita is the perfect refreshing cocktail cooler that will burst with ripe cherry flavor and tart citrus in every sip.
Cherry Margarita Recipe
Grab a cocktail shaker and throw in a handful of stemmed and seeded red cherries with fresh lime juice.
Mash the cherries and lime juice together until the fruit breaks down.
Add tequila, Maraschino cherry liqueur and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and give it a good shake for 15-30 seconds.
Spread salt onto a small plate, run a lime slice along the rim of the serving glass and then swirl the glass into the salt.
Trade the cocktail and pour it into an ice-filled glass. Now sip and enjoy, preferably on a cozy patio with good company.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is cherry liqueur used for?
Maraschino liqueur is the famous cherry liqueur used as a secondary flavor to back up primary liquors like gin, rum, or whiskey.
How many shots are there in a Margherita?
A typical Margarita has one shot or 1.5 oz of tequila per glass.
What makes a margarita taste better?
Swap lime with lemon, grapefruit, or tangerine juice to change the flavor and color of the drink. Add a dash of simple syrup or agave nectar to balance the drink if you get a citrus fruit with more tartness than limes.
Why do you need triple sec for margaritas?
Triple sec is an orange liqueur that gives fruity flavors with sweet and bitter notes.
What is the best liqueur for margaritas?
For a fresh, vibrant margarita, you can use a triple sec like Cointreau, a French liqueur made with bitter and aromatic orange peels. For a bit of richness, use Grand Marnier, a cognac-based liqueur, and blue Curaçao is also an extremely valid option.
Thanks for reading our guide on how to make a cherry margarita! We hope you enjoyed it. If you’re looking to celebrate your festival in a unique way, look no further – cherry margaritas are guaranteed to please.
The featured image of the recipe is taken from EMILYFABULOUS. While I have taken the image of the recipe card from here.