Nothing tastes more amazing than this hot Paula Deen chicken noodle soup recipe. It’s nourishing, warming, and cooked to perfection.
This is a whole pack of taste and nutrition with flavorful ingredients like meat, noodles, stock, sherry, seasonings, and veggies. Let’s find out more about this recipe.
To make chicken noodle soup, first prepare the stock. The pot combines chicken, water, seasonings, vegetables, and herbs. Cook for an hour. Meanwhile, boil the pasta in a saucepan.
At last, combine all the elements – stock, noodles, and chicken. Season well and enjoy the steaming hot bowl of soup.
Paula Deen adds heavy cream and cheese to the soup for a thicker texture. According to her, the texture of the soup is the soul.
Secondly, she pairs chicken noodles with French bread for a perfect savory and satisfying bite.
Chicken noodle soup is a succulent soup with tender chicken and flavorful broth. Make this at your home today and share your experience with us.
Refer to the recipe in detail below and note down the equipment.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Soup Pot – Make chicken stock in the soup pot.
- Saucepan – Boil egg pasta in the saucepan.
- Spatula – Mix all the soup ingredients using a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||1 Hour 20 Minutes||1 Hour 35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup?
- Chicken – Add a whole chicken to the soup pot to prepare the chicken stock.
- Water – Add one cup to the soup pot to make stock.
- Sherry – Add sherry wine for the perfect taste in your chicken stock.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream adds thickness to the soup.
- Bouillon Cubes – Bouillon cubes are perfect for adding flavor to the soup.
- Onion – Add chopped onions to the soup for a savory flavor.
- Garlic – Give a garlicky hint to the chicken noodle soup.
- Carrots – Add chopped carrots to the soup for a colorful addition.
- Celery – Celery brings earthy flavors to the soup.
- Egg Noodles – Choose good quality egg noodles to add to the soup. They make the soup most comforting.
- Parmesan Cheese – Add parmesan cheese with the ultimate rich flavor.
- Mushrooms – Earthy mushrooms give the best texture to the soup.
- Italian Seasoning – Some Italian seasoning for the sweet and peppery taste.
- Paula Deen Lemon Pepper Seasoning – Lemon pepper seasoning is perfect for adding extra zing to the soup.
- Bay Leaves – We add bay leaves for the minty flavor.
- Rosemary – Rosemary brings out the woodsy flavor of the chicken soup.
- Black Pepper – Season the soup with a dash of black pepper.
Steps To Make Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup
1. Make The Stock
Take a soup pot. Combine bay leaves, bouillon cubes, onion, carrot, celery, chicken, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and water.
Cook everything until tender for forty-five minutes. Remove the chicken and keep it aside. Remove bay leaves from the stock. This will give you three quarts of chicken stock.
Once the chicken is cooled, discard the bones, skin, and cartilage. Keep it aside.
2. Make The Soup
Cook egg noodles in a saucepan. Boil for ten minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, add chicken stock, chicken, mushrooms, parsley, sherry, and rosemary to the saucepan.
Add grated parmesan cheese and heavy cream to the saucepan. Cook for ten to twelve minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Chicken noodle soup is ready.
How Will Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup Look And Taste Like?
Paula deen chicken noodle soup is salty, meaty, and loaded with fresh veggies. It’s a delicious union of chicken, savory stock, earthy mushrooms, crunchy veggies, and flavorful seasonings.
The noodle soup contains cream and cheese, which adds thickness to the soup. The chicken gives you a nourishing filling. One must try this soup in a lifetime!
Paula Deen Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Combine bay leaves, bouillon cubes, onion, carrot, celery, chicken, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and water in the soup pot.
Cook for forty-five minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pot. Discard bay leaves.
Clean the chicken once cooled and remove the bones, skin, and cartilage.
In a saucepan, cook egg noodles for ten minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, add chicken stock, chicken, mushrooms,
parsley, sherry, and rosemary.
Then add parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Cook for two minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Paula Deen noodle soup is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What can I add to chicken noodle soup for more flavor?
You can balance the taste with salt if you feel the chicken noodle soup is bland. You can add lime juice, a dash of fish sauce, or Worcestershire sauce for extra zing.
What kind of noodles goes in the chicken soup?
Two varieties of noodles can go in the chicken soup: spiral egg noodles and homemade-style egg noodles. They give the best texture and consistency to the soup.
How do you add richness to the chicken noodle soup?
Add roasted onion, tomato paste, mushrooms, seaweed, and soy sauce to enhance the flavor of the chicken noodle soup.
Should I cook noodles before adding them to the soup?
When the noodles are boiling and cooked, you can add all the ingredients into the same saucepan and cook the noodle soup. It will have the soup consistency as well.
What spices are good in soups?
Add cinnamon, star anise, cloves, ginger, mace, mint, rosemary, chives, curry powder, marjoram, parsley, sage, basil, and bay leaves to the soup.
A flavorful soup that will remind you of your favorite childhood days.
It’s a delicious soup made with noodles, chicken, and vegetables. Enjoy a bowl of rich soup with your loved ones.