This Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip is the perfect no bake appetizer to whip up for any party. It’s made with a simple but oh-so-tasty combination of cream cheese, crushed pineapple, green onions, and sliced almonds. Enjoy it with your favorite chips, crackers, fruits, veggies, you name it. It’s a recipe you’ll be making again and again!
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip – The EASY Way!
This pineapple cream cheese dip is a recipe that I learned to make when I was newly married. Although “learned to make” might be a bit of an overstatement. There really isn’t much to learn. You just dump four ingredients into a bowl, mix them up using a spatula or electric mixer, and then snack away!
We used to make this recipe all the time. Not only because it’s so quick and easy, but also because it’s so incredibly tasty. We’ve got the richness of the cream cheese, the tropical, tangy sweetness of the pineapple, the fresh kick of the green onion, and the nutty crunch from the almonds.
It’s a no bake appetizer recipe that’s ready in no more than 10 minutes, perfect for poolside or a potluck.
Why I LOVE this recipe!
- No Bake – You don’t even need to account for cooking time, because this doesn’t require any!
- Dump and Stir– Just dump, stir, and go!
- Minimal ingredients. Just four super simple ingredients are needed for this mouthwatering dip.
- Perfect flavor and texture. It’s rich and creamy with the perfect amount of texture from the mix-ins.
- Crowd pleasing. I haven’t met anyone that didn’t go crazy for this dip!
What to Serve with Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
Since this dish has flavors that pair well with many of your favorite dipping snacks. There are both classic options and some healthy options to keep it light.
- Crackers – You can pick any of your favorite crackers. My favorite are wheat thins, but you could also use Ritz, saltines, club crackers, pretzels, you name it.
- Chips – Enjoy it with pita chips, tortilla chips, or even sturdy potato chips.
- Fruit and Veggies – Go the savory route with sliced celery, bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, or carrots OR keep it sweeter with grapes or apple slices.
- Bread – Serve it next to slices of crusty baguettes, French bread, or slather it on a slice of toast or a bagel.
You can choose one or add a few sides to make a well-rounded snack platter.
This cream cheese pineapple dip recipe is as simple as promised! Just 10 minutes for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
In this section I am going to go through a few tips and tricks I use how to make Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip to get the absolute best and most delicious results.
Make sure to scroll to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
Ingredients + Substitutions
- Cream Cheese – You’ll need a block of full-fat softened cream cheese for this recipe.
- Pineapple – One can of crushed pineapple does the trick. The crushed pineapple is key so it incorporates well into the dip.
- Green Onions – Very finely sliced so you get a little bit in every bite. You can use 3-5 green onions depending on the size. If you can’t find green onion, chive will work too.
- Almonds – I use sliced almonds, because they are easier for me to find at the grocery store. You can also use slivered almond, if preferred.
- Use full-fat cream cheese – The full-fat cream cheese block yields the creamiest texture and richest flavor.
- Soften the cream cheese – Cold cream cheese will not mix smoothly with the other ingredients. Be sure to give it plenty of time to soften before mixing your dip.
- Drain the pineapple – Too much moisture from the pineapple will result in a watery dip and an imbalance of flavor. For the best results, drain the pineapple well. You can drain from the can or get more thorough with it and drain the juice out using a colander or sieve.
- Finely slice the green onion – Green onion is a strong flavor. Make sure that you slice it thinly so that it can be evenly incorporated throughout the dip.
Recipe Short Cuts
If you need to make this recipe, but are extra short on time, here are a few ideas that can help make this recipe even faster!
- Soften the cream cheese in advance – Stressing about quickly softening the cream cheese is not the way to go. Get ahead of the game by setting the cream cheese out on the counter in advance.
- Prepare it ahead of time – This pineapple dip can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the fridge. That way it’s ready to go when it’s time to serve it.
If you love this recipe as much as we do and want some quick ways to change it up for variety, these little tips will do the trick!
- Cream Cheese Dip with Pineapple and Green Pepper – Make the dip as instructed, but stir in a handful of finely chopped green pepper to add some extra crunch.
- Pineapple Jalapeño Dip – Give your cream cheese dip a kick of heat with finely diced jalapeño. You can use fresh or canned jalapeño. If it’s canned, be sure to drain it first!
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip with Pecans – Simply swap the sliced almonds out for chopped pecans. That nutty crunchy with a slightly different flavor.
- Pineapple Cream Cheese and Ham Dip – Add a scoop of cooked, chopped ham to give it a salty flavor twist.
Cream Cheese and Pineapple Dip Leftovers
If you have leftovers after making this pineapple dip, then it is your lucky day! It saves well, and can be enjoyed again or make the start of another delicious dish.
To save leftovers, place in an airtight container and store:
- in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Here are a few ways to repurpose those leftovers and give them a delicious makeover!
- Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Elevate your classic grilled cheese with my brisket grilled cheese sandwich layered with juicy BBQ brisket, melty cheddar, caramelized onion, and leftover pineapple cream cheese dip!
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Bake – Turn it into a meal by using it in place of the plain cream cheese in my jalapeño popper chicken bake.
More Dip Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, I really hope you will take a moment to grab a few more easy recipes for another busy night!
You can check out all of my appetizer recipes here, or see a few of our readers favorite dip recipes below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip
This Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip is the perfect appetizer to whip up for any party. It’s made with a simple but oh-so-tasty combination of cream cheese, crushed pineapple, green onions, and sliced almonds. Enjoy it with your favorite chips, crackers, fruits, veggies, you name it. It’s a recipe you’ll be making again and again!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Hover over “serves” value to reveal recipe scaler
Drain the pineapple, and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and mix well until the dip is combined. Chill until ready to serve.
Serving: 2tablespoonsCalories: 86kcal (4%)Carbohydrates: 6g (2%)Protein: 2g (4%)Fat: 7g (11%)Saturated Fat: 3g (19%)Polyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.001gCholesterol: 14mg (5%)Sodium: 45mg (2%)Potassium: 85mg (2%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 5g (6%)Vitamin A: 234IU (5%)Vitamin C: 3mg (4%)Calcium: 29mg (3%)Iron: 0.3mg (2%)
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)