When Lohri (a festival in Indian Culture) is near, we started eating pecans. If I talk about myself, I used to eat pecan crackers a lot.
I tried to make pecan crackers at home and it turned out very well. So, I thought to share the recipe of pecan crackers with you so you can make them at home.
To make pecan crackers at home, start by spreading graham crackers on a baking sheet and sprinkle chopped pecans. Prepare the mixture of sugar, butter, and margarine in a saucepan.
Pour the mixture over the crackers. Bake the crackers in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until it will turn golden.
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to start flavoring your crackers. Try adding a little bit of cinnamon or sugar for a sweet treat.
If you’re feeling savory, add some salt and pepper for a classic flavor combo. Get creative! Mix and match different flavors to create your own unique crackers.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of making your own pecan crackers. It might seem daunting at first, but don’t worry – we’ll hold your hand every step of the way.
But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Soft Pretzel Bites– Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites-these little pretzel bites are fun to make at home and are great for parties and game days.
2. Peach Cobbler Oatmeal– A delicious peach cobbler with a topping that tastes just like an oatmeal cookie. Made with fresh peaches it makes a wonderful summer dessert.
3. Coconut-Pecan Frosting– If you are a fan of pecans and coconut, you are going to love this decadent and delicious frosting that takes german chocolate cake to the next level.
4. Heath Bar Cookie– If you appreciate a good Heath Bar or English Toffee you will love these delicious, easy-to-make cookies. They are slightly soft and incredibly chewy with a nice crunch along the edge.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Pecan Crackers?
- Oven – In the preheated oven bake the crackers for 12 to15 minutes until it will turn golden.
- Baking Tray – On a baking tray, bake the crackers for the recipe.
- Baking Sheet – Line a baking sheet on a baking tray and spread graham crackers to avoid crust from burning.
- Saucepan – Prepare the filling for the crackers in a saucepan over medium with sugar, butter, and margarine.
- Knife – Start by chopping two cups of pecan into halves using a knife.
- Chopping Board – Chop the pecans on a chopping board to avoid mess.
- Spoon – Ladle the prepared mixture over the pecans using a spoon for coating.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Pecan Crackers?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Pecan Crackers?
- Graham Crackers – Graham crackers is an healthy choice for the recipe as they are a whole wheat sweet cookie used in baking and making crackers.
- Butter – Add butter to the mixture to create a light and tender texture of the crackers.
- Margarine – Margarine is used since it will give the crackers a softer texture.
- Pecans – Pecans will give a distinctly sweet and buttery flavor with a mildly floral aroma to the crackers.
- White Sugar – The sugar will keep the crackers soft and moist.
Steps To Make Pecan Crackers
1. Let’s Get Started
Start by chopping two cups of pecan into halves. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 175 degrees C.
Line a baking sheet on a baking tray and spread graham crackers on it. Sprinkle chopped pecans on graham crackers.
2. Bake The Crackers
Take a saucepan, add sugar, butter, and margarine over medium heat and boil the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes.
Once boiled, remove it from the heat and pour spoonful mixture over the pecans for coating.
In the preheated oven, bake the crackers for 12 to 15 minutes until it turns golden brown. Allow it to cool and serve.
How Will Pecan Crackers Look And Taste Like?
It’s the kind of crunchy and sweet treat that’s ease makes it the perfect thing to whip up for gifts during the hectic holiday season. The sweet candy snap and nutty crunch will make any day a little more exciting.
The key to perfect crackers is to sink the crackers in the mixture long enough to get candy crack with plenty of crunch. It turns out buttery, crunchy, and wonderfully rich.
Pecan Crackers Recipe
Start by chopping pecans into halves.
At 175 degrees C preheat the oven.
Line a baking sheet on a baking tray and spread graham crackers.
Sprinkle chopped pecans on graham crackers.
Over medium heat add sugar, butter, and margarine in a saucepan and boil the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes.
After boiling remove it from heat and pour the spoonful the mixture over the pecans for coating.
In the preheated oven bake for 12 to 15 minutes until it will turn golden.
Allow it to cool and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is it possible to make these without a food processor?
Yes, you can mix the ingredients with a fork or use an electric hand mixer. The texture won’t be as nice and the dough may be harder to work with but it’s possible.
Do I need to chill the dough in the refrigerator before baking?
You can, but it’s not necessary. If you do, just make sure you let it warm up slightly on the counter before rolling out the dough.
Are these crackers vegan-friendly?
Absolutely – these crackers are vegan and gluten-free!
How do pecan crackers work?
The pecan cracker splits the nut by hitting each end simultaneously. A cracked pecan then moves from the cracker to the pecan sheller. This machine is normally a mechanical or electrical device that vibrates cracked pecans vigorously to separate the nuts from the shells.
So, there you have it! You are now a cracker-making master. These pecan crackers are the perfect healthy snack to have on hand, and they’re so easy to make that you can whip them up in no time.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe of pecan crackers. Make this at at your home and do share your experience in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like this.