Mulligan Stew is a family-friendly dish that was traditionally known for Mulligan Stew was traditionally known as a way to use up leftover meats and vegetables in the fridge, but we like to serve this stew with crunchy peppers and cubed beef brisket. And most of the time, it ends up being a hit on the dinner table.
You must be searching for Mulligan Stew recipe on the internet that’s why you’ve come to TheFoodXP.com.
It usually contains meat, potatoes, and vegetables any possible combination. And takes around 40 minutes to prepare. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try. Out of beef broth? Try checking out beef broth substitutes in order to find the perfect substitute.
1. Filet Mignon– A dish from the 90s, Filet Mignon has tenderloin which is the softest and desirable cuts of meat. A lip-smacking Filet Mignon is just four ingredients and half an hour away.
2. Chicken Long Rice– Originally, this was a Chinese dish. But later it was adopted by Hawaiians and now it is very popular there. If you are a chicken lover, then surely you would love to eat Chicken Long Rice.
3. Shabu Shabu– Shabu shabu is a hot pot served with thinly sliced meat and some assorted vegetables. Shabu means swish, related to the recipe it indicates the swishing sound of meat when added to the simmering broth.
4. Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowl– Spaghetti squash burrito bowl is the best recipe if you want a fulfilling dish that is healthy as well as delicious. It has vegetables, spaghetti squash, and cheese, making it a must-try.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients for Mulligan Stew Recipe:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into eight wedges
- 1 cup each frozen corn, green beans, lima beans, and peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
You will find all of the ingredients in any supermarket near you.
How to make Mulligan Stew Recipe
- Mix flour and pepper and toss it with beef cubes.
- In a Dutch oven put brown beef in oil.
- Add broth, water, bay leaves, garlic salt, oregano, basil, and dill; bring it to a boil. Reduce heat; lid it and cook until meat is tender which will take about 2 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion; cover and cook for 40 minutes now. Add corn, beans, and peas; cover and cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked properly.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to stew. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove bay leaves; add parsley.
- Serve hot.
You need to follow all the steps mentioned above if you want to make your Mulligan Stew tasty and delicious.
Nutritional facts Mulligan Stew Recipe:
If you are a diet conscious person, then here is the full nutritional breakdown of the Mulligan Stew recipe.
|Total Fat||6.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.1 g|
|Vitamin A||21.6 %|
|Vitamin B-12||43.2 %|
|Vitamin B-6||26.7 %|
|Vitamin C||43.2 %|
|Vitamin D||4.4 %|
|Vitamin E||5.4 %|
|Pantothenic Acid||14.1 %|
Watch Mulligan Stew Recipe
We hope you have liked this recipe and do tell us in the comments that which recipe do you want to see on TheFoodXP next.