South Indian food is incomplete without coconut chutney. In this post, let’s see how you can make authentic South Indian-style coconut chutney.
The recipe is mainly made by blending coconut. But I like to add green chilies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and some other ingredients to make a better version of the chutney. The recipe has got high nutritional values and is really healthy for kids. You can serve it with dosa, medu vada and idli.
To prepare coconut chutney, grind coconut. Now, make a powder of green chilies, roasted chana dal and ginger. Then, add coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt, and water to the same jar and grind. Sauté mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chili and curry leaves for 10 seconds. Add them to the coconut and the chutney is ready.
I hope you got an idea about the recipe, but this was just an overview of the recipe. The full detailed recipe is mentioned below. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Hummus Sauce– Hummus sauce is a very healthy and tasty choice of dip. In this post, let’s have a look at the recipe of the hummus sauce that you can easily make at your home.
2. Mushroom Sauce– There can be nothing better than silky and smooth mushroom sauce to serve with steak, chicken, baked potatoes and pasta.
3. Tamarind And Jaggery Chutney– Tamarind and jaggery chutney is a fusion of spicy, tangy and sweet flavors. The tamarind has a lot of sourness in it, so jaggery is added to balance it by adding a touch of sweetness.
4. Tamarind Saunth Chutney– Tamarind saunth chutney is a sauce made from tamarind, ginger powder, and other spices. It goes with a lot of snacks like fritters, samosas, and or dumplings. It is a sour and spicy sauce and is really easy to make.
What’s In The Post
White Coconut Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup Chopped fresh coconut
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 2 units Chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp Roasted chana dal
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 units dry red chili
- 1 tsp Oil
Add coconut pieces to a grinder. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it on a plate.
Now, add green chilies, roasted chana dal and ginger to the jar. Grind it to make a smooth powder.
Then, add coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt, and water to the same jar. Grind it to make a medium coarse paste. Place it in a bowl.
Heat oil in a preheated pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds make a pop sound and crackle, then add cumin seeds, red chili and curry leaves. Sauté for about 10 seconds.
Add the seeds to the coconut mixture and the chutney is ready.
Now, it’s your time to make the chutney at home. Don’t forget to leave your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.