People who are foodies always try to find something which is unique and delicious to eat. One day, I found something unique thing at a party of my friend where I came to know about Venison Summer Sausage Recipe.
For the first time ever, I came to know about something which is made up of deer meat. I was very curious to know about the dish So, I asked the questions to my friend which I have below.
Is Venison Summer Sausage Cooked?
Summer Sausage is a mixture of pork and meat which is seasoned with salt and smoked. We can say it is already cooked.
How long is Venison Summer Sausage good for?
We can keep Venison Summer Sausage for about 3 weeks.
What part of the Deer is used for Summer Sausage?
Parts that are used to make Venison Summer Sausage are hams and the skin without bone.
Can you Pan Fry Summer Sausage?
Yes, you can fry Venison Summer Sausage just to make it look more crispy.
My friend cleared all my doubts and after watching my curiosity regarding the dish, he told me the recipe. Today, I was making Venison Summer Sausage for my family. I thought to share the Venison Summer Sausage Recipe with my lovely people over here. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chipped Ham Barbecues– This easy ham barbecue recipe is a classic Pittsburgh dish made by home cooks for picnics, everyday dinners, and group functions. A tangy delicious treat that can be kept warm in a slow cooker for hours making this an easy option for parties or busy moms.
2. Charcoal Chicken– The recipe is called Charcoal Grilled Chicken and is made using the best quality charcoal such that a smoky and intense flavor gets infused within every piece of that chicken.
3. Baked Porgy– Porgy is really a great fish to eat and cook. You will really love the idea of cooking it. This dish is originated from Spanish or Portuguese Pargo. It belongs to the sea bream family of fish.
4. Smoked Eggs– Smoking is a traditional method used by our ancestors and now it is also used by some meat industries to prepare smoked meat and fish. Smoking is better because it provides that long-lasting smoking aroma and flavour to the dish.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients For Venison Summer Sausage
|Pork Trimmings||5 Pounds|
|Morton Tender Quick||5 tbsp|
|Sea Salt||1/3 Cup|
|Whole Mustard Seed||1/8 Cup|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/8 Cup|
|Garlic Powder||1 1/2 tsp|
|Thyme||1 1/2 tsp|
|Basil||1 1/2 tsp|
Now you have the list of ingredients with you and all these ingredients are easily available from the nearest supermarket.
When I was learning this recipe, I thought this might be a difficult recipe. Because of the time that this dish takes. You have to be very patient while making this. So Let’s see how much time it will take to make Venison Summer Sausage at home.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Mins||240 Mins||270 Mins|
I know that you people are very curious to know about the whole procedure to make this Venison Summer Sausage. So without waiting more, let’s check it out.
Venison Summer Sausage Recipe
- Soak 2-3 fibrous casings for 30 minutes in the water.
- In a grinder, grind the venison and pork together.
- In a bowl, add seasonings, cure, and water. Mix it properly. Pulse them all together.
- In fibrous casings, stuff the sausage.
- In the refrigerator, place the stuffed casings for 24 hours.
- At 175°F, preheat the smoker and leave sausage to smoke about 4 hours.
- Serve them, they are ready to eat.
Finally, Venison Summer Sausage is ready. Make it at your home and I am sure that everyone will love it.
Nutritional Facts Of Venison Summer Sausage
I have added the nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in the Venison Summer Sausage below. This table of nutrients below will definitely help you.
How To Make Venison Summer Sausage at Home | Video
When I was trying this to make Venison Summer Sausage recipe for the first time, I saw a video first to get an idea. So for you all, I have added a video below that will help you in making the Venison Summer Sausage Recipe at home.
I hope you have liked this recipe. I highly recommend you all to try this recipe of Venison Summer Sausage at your home and tell us about your experience in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more amazing and mouthwatering recipes like these.