Add a tangy, creamy touch to your burgers, salads by making thousand island sauces at your home. Today, I have got an authentic recipe for the dip for you all.
So, sit back and read through, as I will share the secret from my kitchen and I am sure you will love it. This delicious dressing can be made in different ways. I found a few versions online and tried them too. But believe me, it is best made with mayo.
Thousand island dressing can be prepared by mixing mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, lemon juice, sweet paprika, yellow onion and kosher salt in a bowl. Then, let it settle for a few hours.
Now, it’s time to grab the ingredients required for making this tangy sauce.
The main ingredient used in the sauce is the Calabrian chili peppers, which are found in Italy. I personally like to pair the sauce with Italian food like pizza and pasta, but you can use it with any of your food. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Pizza Sauce– For all you pizza lovers, I am here to make your life easy-peasy and delicious with my pizza sauce recipe. It is an excellent alternative to the packaged Pizza Sauce that is available in the market.
2. Annatto Oil– Annatto is a plant and each and every part, like seeds, leaf and root are used to make a myriad variety of medicine.
3. Chestnut Puree– The puree is made by simmering chestnuts in milk and then flavored with vanilla extract. The recipe is very famous on Christmas eve and in Italy, chestnuts are known as castagne or marroni.
4. Spicy Ranch Dressing– This dressing is one of my favorites dips to pair with appetizers. I always keep the sauce in my refrigerator and use it whenever I want to have some evening snacks. The recipe is very easy and quick.
What’s In The Post
Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp Sweet Paprika
- ¼ cup Minced Yellow Onion
- ¼ tbsp Kosher salt
Combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, ketchup, lemon juice, sweet paprika, yellow onion and kosher salt in a bowl and mix them well.
Transfer the paste into a jar with a lid and let it settle for a few hours. It will help to incorporate the ingredients well and bring depth to the taste. Keeping it overnight will bring out the best results.
Try out the recipe and share it with your friends and family. Do let us know your reviews in the comments section below. Feel free to suggest anything that can be added to the recipe to make it better.