Thai peanut and quinoa salad is another gem of salads. It contains quinoa and peanuts, which are both known to be beneficial to your health. But other than that, it also has a delicious rich taste. This salad is also vegan.
This salad from Thai cuisine really hits the mark. It has all kinds of textures and tastes. From the fluffy quinoa to the crunchy peanuts; from the tanginess of lime juice to the spice of pepper flakes; from the saltiness of tamari to the sweetness of maple syrup, it really takes your taste buds through a journey.
To make Thai peanut and quinoa salad, you need to cook the quinoa. Then, make the peanut sauce. Put the quinoa in a large bowl and add shredded vegetables like cabbage, carrots, snow peas and green onion. Mix these ingredients and pour the peanut sauce. Toss well, so everything gets covered with a dressing and garnish with peanuts.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to find the detailed step-by-step recipe of the same. First, let’s go through the list of ingredients. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Pea And Peanut Salad– Pea and peanut salad is a crunchy and refreshing recipe and a different approach from traditional salads. It is a loved recipe even by people who don’t really like peas. It is also very easy to make doesn’t take much time.
2. Yorkshire Pudding– It is an easy-to-make healthy recipe that you can enjoy for your breakfast or a starter. In fact, it is a common starter dish in England. It has four simple ingredients and an easy cooking process.
3. Creamy Potato Salad– This salad has refreshing ingredients like cucumber and radishes. It also has a creamy dressing made with mayonnaise among other things. It is definitely worth a try!
4. Gem Lettuce And Walnut Salad– If you want a simple salad that is fresh and crunchy, then the gem lettuce and walnut salad is the perfect one for you. It has a minced shallot seasoning with walnut oil and crunchy roasted walnuts.
Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad Recipe
- ¾ cup Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 cups Purple Cabbage
- 1 cup Grated Carrot
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Green Onion
- ¼ cup Peanuts
For Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp Lime Juice
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
Start by rinsing the quinoa. Then, put the rinsed quinoa in a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring this mixture to a boil and then let it cook on low flame.
After the quinoa has absorbed the water, remove the pot from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa and let it cool.
For the peanut sauce, whisk peanut butter and tamari together in a bowl until smooth.
Then, add maple syrup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, lime juice and pepper flakes. Whisk it nicely.
In a large bowl, put the cooked quinoa. Then, add the shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas, cilantro and green onion.
Mix all these ingredients and then, pour over the peanut sauce. Toss the contents of the bowl so everything gets covered in the sauce.
Garnish with peanuts and serve.
That was all about the recipe. If you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments and I’ll be sure to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!