Today, I am up with a very delicious dish called tangerine chicken. This recipe is quite different from other chicken recipes but you will definitely like it once you give it a try.
Tangerines are a type of citrus fruit. They are reddish-orange in color. They are similar to oranges in taste. They are rich in vitamins and minerals. They also have a refreshing taste and are usually sweet.
To make tangerine chicken, mix soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, tangerine juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Then, arrange the chicken pieces in a baking pan. Sprinkle paprika over them and drizzle oil over them. Bake them for 30 minutes. Then, pour the glaze over the chicken. Also, add tangerine slices to it. Bake the chicken for another 30 minutes.
If you don’t have orange juice, here is a list of orange juice substitutes that you can try. This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Chicken Hekka– Chicken Hekka is a Hawaii dish that is made locally. It is a chicken with vegetables and noodles seasoned with soy sauce, mirin, sesame seed, and chicken broth.
2. Tarragon Chicken– This tarragon chicken recipe is not only easy but full of flavor. Perfectly seared chicken breast surrounded by a creamy tarragon mustard sauce. An easy weeknight one skillet chicken dinner.
3. Chicken Milano– A delicious Italian cuisine, Chicken Milano is quite easy to make. It takes only half an hour to make this pasta. It is an absolute delight to have Chicken Milano served on your plates.
4. Iranian Chicken Curry– The Iranian Chicken Curry reveals in its taste the richness of saffron and the extremism of the rest of the spices. A very tasty dish with a little extra time and effort drives the magic of this ever-so-yummy curry.
What’s In The Post
Tangerine Chicken Recipe
- 6 Bone-in-Skin Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tangerines
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper (as per taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Soy Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tangerine Juice (Lemon or Orange Juice)
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 4 cloves Garlic
Put soy-sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, tangerine juice, and garlic in a small bowl and mix it.
Preheat oven to 425oF. Arrange pieces of chicken on a skin side down on a foil rimmed to the baking sheet. Sprinkle paprika on it.
Drizzle some olive oil over the chicken and brush it on both sides.
Roast them for 30 minutes. Remove pan over chicken from oven and spoon glaze over it. Add the slice of tangerine around the chicken and saucepan.
Reduce the temperature to 375oF and gently turn the chicken skin side upwards using thongs.
Bake it in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.