Sous Vide skirt steak is made by cooking the steak in a temperature-controlled bag placed in a water bath for a long time. The end result is a juicy, tender, and perfectly cooked steak.
The Sous Vide technique includes making food at low-temperature for a long time. In this method, we use a plastic pouch in which food is placed for at least 7 hours. The temperature which is commonly used in this technique is 130°F to 140°F. The main purpose of cooking food in this process is to make the food retain its moisture.
To make Sous Vide skirt steak, add the steak, garlic, and green onions in a bag. Also, add Italian seasoning, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, soy sauce, and lime juice to it and marinate it for 30 minutes. Then, transfer the steak to a zip-lock bag and cook it in a water bath for 3 hours. After that, sear the steak on the grill from both sides for 2 minutes each.
This is the summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Braised Beef– This juicy braised beef recipe is so tender and flavorful. The beef is browned in hot olive oil, then covered in spices, garlic, sauteed onion, and braised in red wine.
2. Grilled Hanger Steak– This recipe has a key ingredient that I am sure you all are aware of, it’s beef, and everyone worldwide loves to have it.
3. Sous Vide Broccoli– Broccoli is one of the vegetables that we should have in our diet. The reason why I am saying this is because Broccoli has some major health benefits like it is a major source for some major nutrients for our body like Vitamin A, C, E, K.
4. Texas Style Lasagna– It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat, and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy as it is power-packed components like beans, avocados, and tomatoes.
What’s In The Post
Sous Vide Skirt Steak Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds Skirt Steak
- 2 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (minced)
- 2 Green Onions (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Lime Juice
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons each Salt and Pepper
Add garlic, green onions, Italian seasoning, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice with skirt steak in zip lock bag.
Marinate the mixture for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
For Sous Vide Skirt Steak
When the steak is marinated, transfer it to another zip-lock bag.
Place the bag in the water bath with some part outside and add water in a sous vide container. Set the Precision Cooker to 130°F.
When the water is at an estimated temperature lower the bag to submerge fully.
For 3 hours, cook the sealed bag in the cooker.
For 10 minutes, transfer the water bath to the refrigerator to chill.
To wipe extra moisture, use a paper towel and wipe the steaks accordingly.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
To grill the steaks, heat over the grill 450°F. Sear the steak over the grill for 2 minutes.
Cut the steaks in slices and serve it with favorite steak sauce.