Ready to Mashup some festive vibes into hearty potato sides! Then, you should try sour cream mashed potatoes. These creamy delicious mashed potatoes are filled with the flavors of butter, cream, and spices. This dish goes well with turkey or any Thanksgiving side dish. So, let’s try this recipe now and get the best of Thanksgiving flavors.
Sour cream mashed potatoes are thick and creamy. These potatoes can be enjoyed with any dish and are liked by everyone. Trust me! There’s a reason why it has a permanent spot on my Thanksgiving menu. You can mash the potatoes with sour cream and butter in the same pot used to boil the potatoes. Be careful while adding milk to mashed potatoes (too much milk can make it thin and extra runny).
To start with the recipe for sour cream mashed potatoes, you might want to know the equipment and ingredients needed. Don’t worry! I have a list for you. Read these lists below and follow the instructions carefully to have this recipe exactly as described below.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes?
- Bowl- Mash the potatoes with butter and sour cream in a bowl.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to combine the ingredients with mashed potatoes.
- Spoon- You can use a spoon or a fork to mash the potatoes. Add sour cream, butter, and other ingredients to the potatoes using a spoon.
- Pot- Boil the potatoes in the pot. Use a medium-sized bowl for this recipe. You can also mash the potatoes in the pot with butter and sour cream and then, transfer it to the bowl.
- Blender- Use a blender to mash the potatoes or to mix them with cream and butter (if you don’t want any clumps in it).
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes?
- Potatoes- Use three pounds of Yokum gold potatoes. Peel these potatoes and cut them into one-inch pieces for the recipe.
- Salt and pepper- Season the potatoes with kosher salt and black pepper to enhance the flavor.
- Butter- You’ll need about six tablespoons of unsalted butter for this recipe. Have some more butter to serve with the sour cream mashed potatoes.
- Sour cream- Mash the potatoes with a three-fourths cup of sour cream. Sour cream adds flavor and gives a nice creamy texture to the potatoes.
- Milk- Add a three-fourth cup of whole milk to give a creamy-smooth texture to the mashed potatoes.
Steps To Make Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
1. Boil The Potatoes
Add potatoes to a large pot containing water. Put on the lid and bring them to a boil. Add two teaspoons of salt, reduce the heat, and let them simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes. When the potatoes are tender, drain them and return to the pot.
2. Turn Them to Butter-Cream Mashup!
Mash the potatoes and add butter, sour cream, and milk. Season with salt and pepper and mix them until they’re smooth and creamy. Top with butter and pepper and serve.
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||583 IU|
|Vitamin C||45 mg|
How Will Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Look and Taste?
Grab your spoon to taste this delicious Thanksgiving dish! Sour cream mashed potatoes are creamy smooth potatoes that can be enjoyed as a Thanksgiving side dish or as a dip. It’s loaded with the flavors of sour cream, butter, and seasoning spices. It’s topped with black pepper and butter. The butter added to this recipe gives a velvety texture and adds flavor to the mashed potatoes. Try this recipe for the Thanksgiving feast and enjoy it.
Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cut into pieces, plus more for serving)
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
Boil the potatoes in a large pot containing lightly salted (2 teaspoons) water. Reduce the heat as the water in the pot starts boiling and let the potatoes simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes when they’re tender and return to the potatoes to the pot.
Mash the potatoes in the pot and add melted butter, sour cream, and milk to it. Season them with salt and pepper and mix them until they’re smooth and creamy. Top with butter and pepper and serve.
How was your recipe? Did you enjoy it? Tell me in the comments below and try other holiday recipes for Thanksgiving.