When I heard about this recipe regarding seafood, a lot of questions were revolving in my mind like Is it ok to eat seafood every day? Seafood is good for our health or not? and several other questions. I am here to give you the answer to all your questions. All I need is your patience and time for that.
As we all know that Seafood is a high protein food and has numerous health benefits. A Scientific study suggests that eating seafood can decrease the risk of heart issues. And the healthy seafood recipe that I am about to tell you is Seafood Stew.
Now, the question comes from where I learned this recipe? During a family trip to Colombia, I explored a lot of things. The one thing that I still remember is the person who was making this Seafood stew near the beach. I asked that person about the recipe and he explained to me each and everything so nicely with all directions.
But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Loup De Mer– This recipe is from the Mediterranean region and is consumed in various continents of the world. US, France, UK and many other countries love this recipe and make it often. This recipe is also known as Mediterranean Seabass.
2. Salmon Pate– Those who love different dishes involving salmon, I have a treat for you. Salmon Pate is surely one of the best appetizers you would ever come across. You would surely love this lip smacking dish.
3. Popcorn Shrimp– According to some, Red Lobster invented popcorn shrimp in 1974. Along with other seafood items like snow crab and calamari, many sites this longstanding Darden operation for introducing much of the United States to these types of seafood.
4. Boiling Crab– This recipe is one of the best seafood recipes that you’ll ever try. It’s really easy to make it home with just a few easy steps.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients for Seafood Stew Recipe
|Small yellow onions (chopped)
|1 1/2 Cups
|Small white potatoes (large diced)
|Freshly ground black pepper
|Good white wine
|Plum tomatoes (chopped)
|1 Can (28 ounce)
|Halibut and bass fillets (cut in large chunks)
|Orange zest (grated)
|Toasted Baguette slices (buttered and rubbed with garlic
|Good Olive oil
|Shells from large shrimp
|Chopped yellow onions
|Celery stalks (chopped)
|Garlic cloves (minced)
|1 1/2 quarts
|Good white wine
|Freshly ground black pepper
|1 1/2 tsp
I know the list of ingredients is a little bit huge but don’t worry, all these ingredients will provide more deliciousness to your overall recipe. You are going to enjoy while making this Seafood Stew Recipe.
How much time it will take?
|1 hr 10 mins
Now you have the idea of estimated time, which will help you to manage your time. Now, let’s move towards the final destination that is the procedure to make Seafood Stew at Home.
Seafood Stew Recipe
- First of all, what we are going to do is heat the oil in a stockpot. Add onion, potatoes, fennel, salt, and pepper and cook it on a medium flame for 15 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes with juice, garlic, saffron, and stock, bring a boil and cook it uncovered for 15 mins.
- After that, add shrimp, mussels, and fish, bring to a boil and cook hardly for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and cool it for 5 minutes.
- Mix Pernod, salt, and orange zest in it for taste.
Serve the ready recipe over the slices of toasted baguette.
- Take a pan, heat oil in the pan over medium flame.
- Add onion, celery, shrimp shells, and carrot and cook it for 15 minutes.
- After that, add garlic as per the quantity mentioned in the table and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add water, tomato paste, thyme, white wine, salt, and pepper in the pan, bring to a boil, and on low flame cook it for at least 1 hour.
- Strain it by pressing the solids and you should have a maximum of one quart of stock.
Your Seafood Stew is ready! Try this amazing recipe at home and I hope all your friends and family like this recipe.
Nutritional Information of Seafood Stew
As I’ve told you above that Seafood is very good for our health. And this is also applicable for this Seafood Stew recipe. So making your work easier, I have mentioned below the table of nutrients of Seafood Stew.
How to make Seafood Stew at Home | Video
I know this recipe is quite time consuming but I recommend you to try this recipe while watching it live will help you. So, I have added a video of the recipe of how to make Seafood Stew at Home.
Try this amazing recipe and serve it to your family and friends and they will like it. And don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.