Rye bread is made from rye flour, which is darker than wheat flour. It doesn’t rise as much as wheat bread. It is healthy as compared to wheat bread. It also gets ready in about 40 minutes.
Rye bread has a very fiber content. It is good for the heart and digestive health. It is also more filling. It also affects blood sugar levels lesser than white bread. It also has a lot of other nutrients.
To make rye bread, add the yeast, sugar, melted butter, egg, and milk to the blender. Blend it for 2 minutes. Then, add salt, rye flour, all-purpose flour, and caraway seeds to the blender. Blend it until it forms a dough. Transfer this to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and set it aside for 1 hour. After that, transfer it to a baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. The rye bread is ready!
This was just an overview of the recipe. You can find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Buttermilk Cornbread– Cornbread is a form of bread that is more fluffy, spongy, and has a sweet aroma. This bread is a famous American cuisine that is a standard American breakfast.
2. Classic Banana– Banana bread is the old times’ classics. It is probably one of the most famous bread recipes out there. Everyone loves banana bread and should learn how to make one. Fortunately, it’s quite easy to do.
3. Poppy Seed Bread– Soft and delicious, Poppy Seed Bread is the perfect dish for any occasion around the year. New year’s eve is incomplete without bread! This is the tradition at my home.
4. Pizza Crust– This is hands down the best pizza dough. You will love this crust – it’s crisp, chewy and so satisfying. Make this and you will never want a store-bought crust again.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients Required For Rye Bread Recipe
|Dry Yeast||1 ounce|
|Rye Flour||1 cup|
|Caraway Seeds||1 tablespoon|
Rye Bread Recipe
- In the blender, add the yeast, sugar, melted butter, egg, and milk. Blend it for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the salt, rye flour, all-purpose flour, and caraway seeds to the blender. Blend it for 2 minutes again until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a ball. Transfer it to a bowl and apply oil on all of its sides.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and set it aside for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 145oC.
- Take the dough out from the bowl and make an inverted flour surface.
- Tuck and roll the dough and place it in the baking pan.
- .Put the baking pan in the oven. Bake the dough for about 40 minutes.
- Then, take it out and let it cool for some time. Your rye bread is ready to serve.
Note: Apply the egg on the dough before you place it in the oven to bake.
How much will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
Nutritional Facts Of Rye Bread Recipe
How to make Rye Bread at Home | Video