Rustic Italian bread is a crispy and delicious round bread. It is made with four simple ingredients and gets ready in less than an hour. It is has a crispy outside and a spongy inside.
There are many ways you can eat rustic Italian bread. You can dip it in olive oil and fresh herbs and enjoy. It goes great with soups. You can use it to make delicious bruschetta. It also can make a delicious sandwich or grilled cheese. You can take the old-fashioned route and eat it with butter or spread of your choice.
To make rustic Italian bread, mix flour, yeast, salt, and water in a bowl. Knead it for some time and transfer it to a bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rise for 2 hours. Then, take it on a flour-dusted surface and fold and spread it. Shape it into a ball and make slits on the top of the dough. Bake it for 40 minutes. Then, take it out and let it cool for some time.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Pecan Raisin Bread– We love raisin bread and also enjoy the nutty flavor of pecans, so I decided to combine the two for this delectable loaf. It smells wonderful and the tastes so good.
2. Corn Pone– Corn pone is made without milk and eggs. It can be baked or fried. The ingredients are simple and easily available. It is easy to make corn pones at home and it takes less than an hour to make them.
3. Squaw Bread– Squaw bread is a healthy bread made with rye flour, molasses, honey, butter, cocoa powder, and cornmeal. It is a delicious and sweet bread. You can also add raisins and nuts to it.
4. Yufka– Yufka is a type of Turkish flatbread. It is very thin and goes great when made into Shawarma roll. You can easily make it at home though it is a bit time-consuming.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients For Rustic Italian Bread
|1 1/3 cup
How Much Time It Will Take?
|2 Hours 45 Minutes
Rustic Italian Bread Recipe
- Add flour, yeast, water, and salt to a mixer and knead the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and wrap it with plastic paper; leave for 2 hours to rest.
- Repeat the process of replacing plastic wrap and rinse for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough accordingly.
- From the corner, fold the corners and transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 450oF.
- From the top of the loaf, cut the bread in long slits with a sharp knife and spray the loaf lightly with water.
- Slide the parchment sheet and peel it off and place the loaf in a baking stone in the oven.
- Reduce the temperature to 400oF and place it in the oven. Bake it until it turns dark brown for about 40 minutes.
- When the loaf is baked, let it cool for 2 hours. Your rustic Italian bread is ready!
Nutritional Facts Of Rustic Italian Bread
How To Make Rustic Italian Bread at Home | Video