How many of you like the season of the soups- where the whole house filled is with the exotic smell of simmering soups. Whether it is a Chicken Noodle Soup, Tortilla Soup or any kind of Cream Soup, I like them all.
But the one soup that I like the most is the Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque soup. I still remember the first time I had this soup and it completely blew away my mind because of its taste and deliciousness. This creamy, paprika-laced red bell pepper bisque, along with a parsley-pistachio pistou for the topping; makes you the lavish combination.
This is what makes the Red Pepper-Pistachio Bisque recipe so special; the heat of Thai chillies and the nutty Pistachio puree. A creamy, nutty vegetable soup to keep you going on your long hot summer day. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Mushroom Bisque– This is one of my favorite soups of all time. It is so easy. The secret to this deep, rich soup is a long slow caramelization, the key to unlocking the mushroom’s magic. This is just pure essence of mushroom.
2. Turkey Soup– This soup is a mixture of chicken pieces cooked (or boiled) with some ground herbs and spices. The soup is healthy and takes almost no time to make it.
3. Roasted Poha Chivda– This south Indian plain Chivdas with a raw taste can be turned into a delight unexpected. The punch of Hing powder has the ability to burst your taste buds with an amazing taste.
4. Dahi Palak Patta Chaat– Spinach leaves are coated in a batter and deep fried to make spinach fritters and then drizzled with smooth beaten yoghurt, chutneys, and masalas.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients for Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe
For the bisque
|Unsweetened Almond Milk
|Shallot (peeled and chopped)
|Red Bell Peppers (stemmed, seeded, and chopped)
|Serrano Pepper (stemmed, seeded, and chopped)
|Sweet Hungarian Paprika
|Pistachios (raw and soaked)
|Cashews (raw and soaked)
|Ripe Avocado (pitted and peeled)
|1 small unit
For the pistou
|Pistachios (dry raw)
Important Facts about Ingredients
- Coconut milk, soymilk, or another unsweetened nondairy milk in place of almond milk can be used.
- The vegetable broth in place of filtered water (if using broth, decrease sea salt to ½ tsp).
- ¼ cup chopped red onion in place of shallot (shallot is a type of onion and is used for pickling or as a substitute for onion).
- Yellow or orange bell peppers in place of red can be used (capsicum species).
- The serrano pepper is a type of chilli pepper that originated in the mountainous regions of the Mexican states of Puebla and Hidalgo. Any small, hot pepper can be used in place.
- Fresh cilantro in place of flat-leaf parsley can be used. Parsley of a variety with large flat leaves, popular in southern Europe.
How much time it will take?
Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe
- Combine the parsley, pistachios, nutritional yeast, and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor (a mini one works best here).
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the olive oil, and process until the mixture is finely chopped. Set aside.
- Your Pistou is ready.
- To make the bisque, combine all ingredients except avocado in a high-speed blender.
- Blend to combine, add the avocado, and blend again until very smooth.
- You can either serve the bisque room-temperature, or chill it for a few hours before serving, or even gently warm it on the stove over low heat or in a dehydrator.
- Top each serving of soup with ¼ of the reserved pistou.
Your summer soup is ready. Serve it on along day to cut through your hunger
Nutritional Information of Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe
How to Make Red Pepper Pistachio Bisque Recipe at Home | Video