Popcorn shrimps are fried shrimps seasoned with herbs and spices. Craving to have seafood but don’t feel like dressing to the nines? Whip up some fine fried Red Lobster popcorn shrimps from the comfort of your home. To know the details scroll down!
If you love Red Lobster, why not bring the shrimps home? Try these breaded crispy popcorn shrimps in your kitchen. It’s easy to flip, dip, and fry.
The secret component added to the breading mix is Cajun seasoning. This seasoning enhances the flavors and makes the shrimp even tastier. Apart from this, you need milk, flour, shrimps, eggs, black pepper, and lemon juice.
Bread the shrimp and gently drop them into a pan of hot oil. Serve Red Lobster’s crispy popcorn shrimps with your favorite dips and sauces. Find the notable list of equipment, ingredients, instructions, and nutritional facts below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes.
1. Red Lobster Coconut Shrimps – Red Lobster coconut shrimp has shrimp coated with the breading batter and then fried until they are crispy and golden brown. The breading batter is a mixture of bread crumbs, coconut flakes, pina colada mix, pineapple bits, powdered sugar, and rum. These shrimp are filled with these delicious flavors and are served with a pina colada dipping sauce.
2. Red Lobster Corn On The Cob – Red Lobster corn on the cob is a super easy-to-make dish. The corn is sweet and juicy. It’s filled with the flavors of butter and old bay seasoning. It’s a healthy side dish and can be enjoyed with any main course meal.
3. Red Lobster Lobster Bisque – Red Lobster lobster bisque is a creamy-thick and healthy soup. It’s loaded with the goodness of lobster meat, white wine, heavy cream, and veggies like shallots, carrots, celery, etc. Bay leaves and thyme leaves add earthy flavors to this dish. This heart-warming soup goes well with any type of seafood or main course meal.
4. Red Lobster Chicken Pasta – Red Lobster chicken pasta has pasta combined with delicious creamy sauce and boneless chicken pieces. It is loaded with the flavors of Cajun seasoning, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, linguine, and sat-pepper seasoning. It’s the main course dish and is perfect to be served at a celebration feast.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps?
- Frying Pan – Add the shrimps to the frying pan for deep-frying.
- Tong – Flip the shrimps with a tong to cook on both sides.
- Bowls – Take bowls to prepare the coating batter.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps?
- Shrimps – Take half a pound of shrimps to prepare copycat popcorn shrimps.
- All-Purpose Flour – Coat the shrimps with all-purpose flour.
- Olive Oil – Deep-fry the shrimps using olive oil.
- Eggs – For binding the batter, take one full egg.
- Milk – Adding milk to the coating mix will result in a nice, crispy, and flaky texture.
- Cajun Seasoning – Add a teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to the coating mix.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the shrimps with a pinch of black pepper.
- Lemon Juice – Drizzle a teaspoon of lemon juice on the fried popcorn shrimps.
Steps To Make Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps
Wash and clean the shrimps. In two bowls, mix the coating batter. Add dry rubs like flour, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, add egg, milk, and a teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
2. Follow The Process
First, dredge the shrimps with dry rubs like flour, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then, dunk the shrimp into the egg batter. At last, roll out the shrimps with the dry rubs again.
3. Frying Task
Put the coated shrimp into the frying pan. Deep-fry the coated shrimp until they are golden brown and flaky. Fry the shrimps in batches. Remove the shrimps on a wire rack or a paper towel to get rid of excess oil. Serve warm with your favorite dips and sauces.
How Will Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps Look And Taste Like?
Red Lobster popcorn shrimps are flaky, crispy, and delicious. Served with your favorite dips will add on the flavors. These shrimps taste exactly like Red Lobster. Drizzled lemon juice on the popcorn shrimps brings out extra tangy flavors.
Red Lobster Popcorn Shrimps Recipe
- ½ pound Shrimps
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Preheat the frying pan.
In a bowl, add flour, cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
In a separate bowl, add egg, milk, and cajun seasoning. Whisk evenly to form a thick batter.
First, coat the shrimps with dry rubs. Then, dunk into the egg batter and at last dredge into the dry mixture again.
Put the coated shrimp in the frying pan.
Deep-fry the shrimps until they turn golden brown.
Remove the shrimps on a wire rack and serve with your choice of sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is popcorn shrimp made out of?
Popcorn shrimp is prepared using shrimps coated with egg, milk, and cajun seasoning.
2. What does popcorn shrimp taste like?
Popcorn shrimps taste somewhat like fish. They are crunchy when deep-fried.
3. How long do you cook popcorn shrimp?
Fry the shrimps for 10-12 minutes until you see the color changing.
4. What goes best with popcorn shrimp?
There are several sauces that can be served with the popcorn shrimps.
Prepare this crispy popcorn shrimps recipe just like Red Lobster. Do let us know how it goes in the comment section below. Stay tuned for more upcoming recipes.