Looking for a salad recipe that perfectly compliments the Thanksgiving feast? You must try raw and roasted dinner salad. The raw and roasted elements of this salad are combined together with Tahini dressing. It’s a perfect dish for a holiday meal. Chopped pecans sprinkled on top give an extra lift to the salad.
Out of all salad recipes, raw and roasted dinner salad is the one that fits the best for a holiday dinner. It has fresh red cabbage leaves seasoned with salt and Asian pear chopped and mixed with roasted chickpeas and squash. The Tahini dressing adds the aroma and middle-eastern flavors to the salad. This salad has the sweetness of honey with a hint of tartness from lemon juice. You can add pepper to add some heat to the salad.
Let’s begin with the recipe for raw and roasted dinner salad. But first! You need to know all the kitchen equipment used in this recipe. Follow the lists below and you’ll get to know more about the equipment and ingredients for a raw and roasted dinner salad. Save this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner. Follow the instructions mentioned below and I’m sure it will look and taste exactly as described below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other appetizing salads from our blog.
1. Sesame Caesar Salad-Sesame caesar salad is a traditional caesar salad tossed in Tahini Caesar dressing and sesame seeds. It has lettuce and kale leaves with chickpea croutons. The lettuce and kale add freshness to the salad and croutons add a delicious crunch to the salad.
2. Just Keeps Getting Better Lentil Salad– Just keeps getting better lentil salad has fresh and healthy lettuce and kale leaves tossed with lemon juice, lentils, garlic, and cumin seeds. The almonds add a delicious crunch with red pepper add spiciness and heat to the salad.
3. Broccoli Caesar Salad– Broccoli caesar salad is s delicious salad filled with broccoli florets and cabbage. It’s loaded with the flavors of salt, mustard, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and chopped anchovies. This salad is finished with grated cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Winter Vegetable Salad– Winter vegetable salad has roasted veggies tossed together with Dijon dressing. It’s loaded with the flavors of Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and apple cider. Lettuce, arugula, and spinach add more nutrients to the salad along with other veggies.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to prepare the salad. Also, make tahini dressing in a small bowl.
- Roasting tray- You’ll need a roasting tray to roast the chickpeas and squash in the oven.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to combine all the elements of the salad into the bowl.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to stir in the ingredients of the salad dressing in a bowl.
- Oven- Oven is necessary to roast the squash and chickpeas.
- Knife- You can use any sharp kitchen knife to chop the veggies for the salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad?
- Squash- Use a large delicata squash for the salad. It’s highly nutritious and has a fresh corn-like flavor.
- Chickpeas- A can of chickpeas is enough for the salad. Drain and pat dry the chickpeas before roasting them in the oven.
- Olive oil- You’ll need about four tablespoons of olive oil for the salad.
- Salt- Use kosher salt to season the peas and squash along with the cabbage or the salad mixture.
- Cabbage- A small head of red cabbage will give a nice texture to the salad. It adds more nutrition and fresh peppery flavor to the salad.
- Lemons- Lemon will give a citrusy twist to the salad.
- Garlic- Garlic is a seasoning ingredient for a salad. It adds a slightly spicy and sweet flavor to the salad.
- Tahini- Use a cup of Tahini to make salad dressing. Tahini is a condiment filled with middle-eastern flavors.
- Honey- Add a tablespoon of honey to add sweetness to the salad.
- Asian pear or sweet-tart apple- Use a large Asian pear or sweet-tart apple like Pink Lady to add sweet fruity flavors to the salad.
- Pecan- Chop a half cup of pecans into halves and use them to garnish the salad.
- Feta- Use soft feta to the salad to make it healthier and delicious.
Steps To Make Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad
1. Roast the Squash and Chickpeas
Transfer chopped squash and chickpeas (drained) to a roasting tray. Drizzle olive oil over them. Sprinkle salt to season them and roast in the preheated oven (475 F) for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep it aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
2. Season the Cabbage and Prep the Dressing
Chop off red cabbage into short and thin strips. Transfer them into a bowl and season them with salt. Drizzle olive oil and massage it to coat the cabbage with oil and salt. Squeeze a lemon in a small bowl and grate a garlic clove in it. Add tahini, honey, kosher salt, and water to it. Mix them well to form thin and smooth salad dressing.
3. Combine all the Elements and Garnish with Pecans
Take a large bowl and transfer cabbage, roasted chickpeas, and squash into it. Now, add Tahini dressing. Mix all these together to form raw and roasted salad. Garnish with crumbled feta and pecans. Your raw and roasted dinner salad is ready.
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Vitamin A||2041 IU|
|Vitamin C||69 mg|
How Will Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad Look and Taste?
So, here we are with our delicious raw and roasted dinner salad. This perfect Thanksgiving dinner salad has crispy cabbage and roasted chickpeas and squash. It’s garnished with feta and pecans. It’s flavored with Tahini dressing and seasoned with kosher salt. Honey adds a sweet flavor perfectly balanced with the zesty flavor of lemon juice. So, brighten up your Thanksgiving dinner with raw and roasted dinner salad!
Raw And Roasted Dinner Salad Recipe
- 1 Delicata Squash
- 15 ounces Chickpeas
- 1 Red Cabbage
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Asian Pear
- 4 ounces Feta
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 3 teaspoons Kosher Salt
Spread chopped squash and chickpeas on a roasting tray. Drizzle some olive and season them with salt. Mix to coat the squash and chickpeas with oil and salt. Then, roast in the preheated oven (475 F) for about 20 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and set it aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
Slice the cabbage into short and thin strips and transfer it into the bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Toss the cabbage strips into the bowl and keep it aside to soften.
Now, use a grater to grate a garlic clove in a bowl containing lemon juice. Add tahini to this bowl, a tablespoon of honey, water, and kosher salt. Mix them together to form a smooth and thin salad dressing.
Chop an Asian pear and transfer it to the bowl containing cabbage. Add roasted squash and chickpeas to it. Spoon the Tahini dressing and mix all the ingredients together. Add crumbled feta and chopped pecans to top and serve.
Tell me about your recipe in the comment’s below. Also, try other holiday recipes for Thanksgiving.