Pumpkin soup without cream is a warm and comforting Thanksgiving recipe. It’s healthier yet tastier than the one with cream. It’s one of the easiest Thanksgiving recipes. All you need is to add some chicken broth to the pumpkin, season it, and there you go. It looks great as a part of the Thanksgiving feast.
Pumpkin soup without cream has pumpkin and onion cooked infused with the flavors of chicken broth and seasoning spices. Use a hand blender in order to blend the pumpkin mixture for soup. You can garnish the soup with cream or chopped parsley and chives.
Now let’s move further for the recipe of pumpkin soup without cream. As you already know, there’s no cream involved in this recipe which makes it comparatively healthy. But, to know other ingredients, check out the list of ingredients along with the equipment list below.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Pumpkin Soup Without Cream?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to keep chopped onions, pumpkin, and other ingredients before using them in the recipe.
- Spatula- Use a spatula to safely stir the soup in the pot.
- Pot- Use a pot to cook the pumpkin and other veggies for the soup.
- Blender- You need to blend the pumpkin mixture to make creamy smooth pumpkin soup.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Pumpkin Soup Without Cream?
What Ingredients Will You Need For Pumpkin Soup Without Cream?
- Pumpkin- I’ve used two and a half pounds of pumpkin. You can use butternut squash for this recipe. Peel the pumpkin and cut it into tiny pieces.
- Onion- Slice one onion for this recipe. You’re free to choose between white, brown, and yellow. I’ve used white onion in this soup. It adds a sweet flavor to the soup.
- Garlic Cloves- Peel two garlic cloves and add them to the pot with pumpkin to add seasoning flavor to the soup.
- Chicken Broth/Stock- Add three cups of low sodium chicken broth or chicken stock. If you want a vegetarian pumpkin soup, you can use vegetable stock in place of chicken broth.
- Water- Use a cup of water in case the soup is too thick.
- Salt and Pepper- Season the soup with salt and pepper to enhance the flavor of the soup.
Steps To Make Pumpkin Soup Without Cream
1. Cut The Pumpkin and Other Veggies
Peel the pumpkin and cut it into tiny pieces; along with it, chop onions and garlic.
2. Cook Pumpkin With Other Veggies
Add pumpkin, onions, garlic with chicken broth to the pot over medium heat. Now, bring it to a boil and let it simmer over low heat for a few minutes until the pumpkin is tender. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer the mixture into a blender or a food processor. Blend them to form a smooth cream.
3. Season And Serve
Season it with salt and pepper to enhance the taste of pumpkin soup. Serve it at Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy your holiday feast.
How Will Pumpkin Soup Without Cream Look and Taste?
Pumpkin soup without cream is creamy smooth and delicious even without cream. It’s filled with the taste of pumpkin, onion, and chicken broth. The salt and pepper seasoning gives an extra lift to the taste. If super healthy and a perfect fall recipe for a Thanksgiving feast.
Pumpkin Soup Without Cream Recipe
- 2.4 pounds Pumpkin
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (peeled whole)
- 3 cups Vegetable or Chicken broth/stock (low sodium)
- 1 cup Water
Cut a pumpkin and onion into tiny pieces onions.
Add pumpkin, onions, garlic with chicken broth to a pot over medium heat. Now, bring this mixture to a boil and let it simmer over low heat until the pumpkin is tender.
Remove this pot from the heat and blend the mixture until it has a smooth creamy texture. To enhance the taste of pumpkin soup, add salt and pepper. Serve this at Thanksgiving dinner.
If you tried this recipe, share your experience in the comments below. Try other recipes too!