Popeyes chicken tenders at home will help you save a bundle. This copycat recipe is so easy that you will never go back to the restaurant again. Marination is what makes the chicken juicy and tender. To nail the perfect crust of these chicken tenders, follow the recipe below!
Popeyes chicken tenders are exceptional and can be prepared in no time. With fresh chicken strips, buttermilk, hot sauce, and some spices, you can make the exact Popeyes chicken tenders. Hit the fryer, infuse all the elements perfectly, and you are good to go!
Popeye’s fried chicken tender is truly unique. It is flavorful, smoky, and fried to perfection. They serve their special sauce dips with the tenders. However, you can serve these tenders with your choice of sauces and dips.
Get ready for mouth-watering crunchy chicken tenders. Follow the full recipe. The detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional information and step-by-step instructions is mentioned below. Make the exact Popeyes chicken tenders at home. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Popeyes Coleslaw – Popeyes coleslaw is a fresh and healthy side dish. It’s a healthy combination of mayonnaise, sweet relish, sugar, mustard sauce, vinegar, and fresh veggies like carrots, onions, cabbage, etc. The taste of this coleslaw is enhanced with salt-pepper seasoning. This dish can be paired with any main course dish.
2. Popeyes Cajun Gravy – Popeyes Cajun gravy is a delish meld of flavors. This gravy has red bell pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, and many other spices in it. It also has the taste of Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bacon grease. This gravy can be enjoyed with mashed potatoes, turkey dishes, and biscuits.
3. Popeyes Spicy Mayonnaise – Popeyes spicy mayonnaise is a combination of hot sauce, vinegar, and mayonnaise. This mayonnaise is spiced up by adding cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, ground cumin, and salt. This mayonnaise is easy-to-make and can be enjoyed as a dip with snacks and many side dishes.
4. Popeyes Popcorn Shrimps – Popeyes popcorn shrimp are crispy and crunchy. These shrimp are battered with eggs and a flour mix and then fried until they’re crispy and golden brown. These shrimp are served with ranch. You can pair this dish with any other condiment of your choice.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Tenders?
- Frying Pan Or Skillet – For deep-frying, the chicken tenders, take a frying pan or a skillet.
- Tong – Use a tong to flip the chicken tenders.
- Bowls – Marinade the chicken by using a bowl.
- Wire Rack – Remove the excess oil by placing the fried chicken on a wire rack. Instead of a wire rack, you can also use paper towels.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Tenders?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Popeyes Chicken Tenders?
- Chicken Breast – Take half a pound of chicken breast. Slice them into strips for making the tenders.
- Buttermilk – Marinade the chicken in buttermilk. It will help in tenderizing the chicken.
- Hot Sauce – Adding hot sauce to the marinade will help in achieving zesty and spicy flavors.
- Canola Oil – For frying, the chicken tenders, use canola oil.
- Eggs – Eggs are commonly used as binding agents. Moreover, it maintains the moisture content.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour for coating the chicken strips.
- Smoked Paprika – Take a pinch of smoked paprika and add it to the dry coating mixture. It will bring out the smoky flavors.
- Cayenne Pepper – For extra spicy flavors, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the coating mixture.
- Garlic Powder – Adding garlic powder will infuse the aromatic and garlicky flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the coating by adding a teaspoon of black pepper.
Steps To Make Popeyes Chicken Tenders
Begin with marinating the chicken for 30 minutes. In a bowl, add buttermilk, a teaspoon of hot sauce, and eggs. Beat until it is well combined. Add the chicken strips into the marinating batter. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
In a separate bowl, add all the dry rubs, like garlic powder, smoked paprika, all-purpose flour, cayenne pepper, and salt to your taste. Roll out the marinated chicken strips in the dry mixture. Coat the strips all over with the mixture.
3. Frying Game
Put the coated chicken tenders into the frying pan. Deep-fry the batches of chicken tenders until they are golden. To achieve the crispy texture, fry the strips over medium heat. If you wish to have a thick layer of chicken strips, then repeat the breeding process. Remove the excess oil and serve hot with your choice of sauces and dips.
How Will Popeyes Chicken Tenders Look And Taste Like?
Popeyes chicken tenders prepared at home are crispy, smokey, moist, spicy, and delectable. Marinated, battered, and deep-fried chicken tender serves the purpose of a happy snack. Get these chicken tenders on your table now!
Popeyes Chicken Tenders Recipe
- ½ kg Chicken Breast
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Marinade the chicken strips with wet elements like buttermilk, eggs, and hot sauce. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, dredge the chicken strips with flour and spice mixture.
Put the coated chicken strips in the preheated oil.
Without crowding the pan, fry the batches separately until they are golden.
Remove the chicken tenders to a paper towel. This will help you get rid of excess oil.
Serve with the sauce and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How are Popeyes Chicken tenders made?
Popeyes chicken tenders are marinated, coated, and deep-fried. The chicken is marinated in buttermilk and hot sauce. For coating, the dry mix works really well.
2. What is Popeyes breading made of?
Popeyes breading is prepared by mixing all-purpose flour with dry rubs like salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.
3. How does Popeyes fry the chicken?
Popeyes uses an air fryer to fry the chicken tenders. They fry the batches of tenders to avoid any fuss.
4. Is Popeyes or KFC better?
Both Popeyes and KFC are great fast-food giants known for their best chicken. However, KFC wins the biscuit battle, and Popeyes takes the crown for the rest.
Get ready to prepare crispy and crunchy Popeyes chicken tenders. With just a few pantry items the tenders will be ready. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.