For all you pizza lovers, I am here to make your life easy-peasy and delicious with my pizza sauce recipe. It is an excellent alternative to the packaged Pizza Sauce that is available in the market. It is made with fresh ingredients and sets the right base of flavours for your pizza. Tomatoes play a significant role in the pizza sauce and give it a tangy taste.
And hey, the pizza sauce is versatile. You can toss in some cooked pasta in it along with your choice of veggies and cook it well. Top it up with cheese to have the best red sauce pasta. You may make sandwiches, toasts and salads with the sauce too.
To make pizza sauce, first blend the tomatoes. Then, saute garlic in the pan and add the blended tomatoes to the pan. Now, simmer for 25 minutes and add basil, oregano and pepper to the sauce. That’s it! Pizza sauce is ready.
Now, it’s your time to make this awesome sauce at your home but make sure you go through the dull detailed recipe for making the perfect sauce. Let’s start with the ingredients you’ll need to make the sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Orange Marmalade– Marmalade cannot only make any food look glossy, but it also makes it more delicious. Today I will be telling you in preparing orange marmalade at home.
2. Thousand Island Dressing– Add a tangy, creamy touch to your burgers, salads by making thousand island sauces at your home. Today, I have got an authentic recipe for the dip for you all.
3. Truffle Sauce– The sauce has a thick and sweet composition and, when added to desserts and cookies, can make you crave even more.
4. Sha Cha Sauce– Sha Cha sauce is a very famous Chinese sauce that is primarily used in many Asian cuisines. This sauce is made of sha cha powder, peanut butter, sugar, milk and vegetable oil combined. The sauce is also known as Chinese BBQ sauce.
What’s In The Post
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 5-6 Medium Chopped Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Dry Oregano
- ¼ cup Chopped Basil
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Water
- Salt & Pepper
Blend the chopped tomatoes in a jar. You don’t need to blanch them.
Blend in until you achieve the consistency of the puree as per requirement. If you’re using canned tomatoes, then 2 cups of canned crushed tomatoes are required.
Now, add 1/4th cup of olive oil to a pan and throw in 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
Sauté on low flame until the garlic turns golden.
Now, add the crushed tomatoes to the pan and stir well.
Cook well for about 4-5 minutes on low to medium heat.
Add salt to taste and mix well.
It’s time to put the lid on and let the puree simmer for about 25 minutes on low flame. Do check-in between. If the puree starts to stick to the pan, add 1/4th cup of water and continue to heat on low flame.
You may take off the lid once the sauce has thickened and the tomatoes are cooked well (you will know if you see oil flecks on top or on the sides).
To this, add 1/4th cup of chopped basil. This adds a great flavour.
Sprinkle 2 tbsp of oregano and black pepper to taste. Mix well and cook for another minute.
Let the sauce cool down at room temperate and then it’s ready to top up your pizza base.
Today’s recipe is so versatile. Try it out and let us know your experience with it and also share your experiments in making it work for you. I hope the video does work for you. Do share your feedback in the comments section below.