Italian cuisine is one of the most famous cuisines around the world. This cuisine has a separate place in the hearts of people. If you want to give a unique twist to your regular pasta, you should try the Orecchiette pasta with sausage and broccoli. It is both healthy and delicious.
I wanted to make a different pasta so, I tried to make the Orecchiette pasta with broccoli, sausages and a generous amount of cheese. It fulfilled my cravings as well as satisfied my hunger. It is also rich in protein and fiber. I loved the recipe and would really recommend you try it as well.
To make Orecchiette with sausage and broccoli, blanch the chopped broccoli and cook the Orecchiette pasta. In a pan, cook the sausage with garlic and seasoning until browned and set aside. Then, add the chicken broth, pasta, broccoli, sausage and cheese to the pan and toss. When it has mixed well together, garnish with cheese and serve!
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below with additional details. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Cobb Salad– Cobb salad is a protein-rich meal and was invented by Robert Cobb. It is famously known as American garden salad. It is loaded with chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, vegetables, avocado, and chives.
2. Poke Bowl– Poke is raw fish that is diced and is usually served as an appetizer. When served as a main course, it is served as a poke bowl. It is one of the main dishes of Native Hawaiian cuisine.
3. Tarragon Chicken Salad– Tarragon chicken salad is an easy-to-make delicious salad. It has a creamy mayonnaise dressing and the chicken is tender. It is really easy to make and is high in protein.
4. Chicken Bowl– A chicken bowl is a hearty bowl of ingredients loaded with flavours and nutrition. It has a lot of vegetables, rice and chicken. It fills your gut and is really healthy. It is also not that hard to make.
What’s In The Post
Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli Recipe
Large Boiling Pot
- 1 large Bunch Broccoli Rabe
- 1 lb. Chicken Sausages
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 10 oz. Orecchiette Pasta
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
Take a large boiling pot and add some water to it. Bring it to a boil and add the chopped broccoli.
Let it blanch for about 2 minutes. Then, rinse and keep it aside. After draining the water, refill the pot and cook the pasta in it.
Now, take a skillet and pour some oil into it. Brown the sausages and keep the heat on medium. Chop or break the sausages into small pieces as they cook.
Keep the sausages aside when cooked completely. Add some more oil to the pan and keep it on high heat. Add the garlic with some salt and seasonings and cook it for 1 minute until it gets golden in colour.
Add the previously cooked broccoli to the pan along with sausages and mix them well.
Remove the pasta from the pot and drain the water. Add the pasta into this broccoli and mix it well. Keep the heat on low and cook it for about 30 minutes.
Now, add the chicken broth, along with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
Season it according to your taste. Toss it well after every 20 seconds to ensure everything mixes up well.
Take it off the heat and garnish it with cheese. Serve it on a large pasta dish.
Can’t wait to begin with the recipe? Try it and share your experience in the comment section. Just in case you have any queries related to the recipe, you can ask your questions in the comment section too. If you liked this recipe, do share it with your family and friends. Till then, Bon Appetite!