Marmalade cannot only make any food look glossy, but it also makes it more delicious. Today, I will be helping you in preparing orange marmalade at home.
I tried orange marmalade for the very first time on a slice of cake at my friend’s birthday. Since then, I became fond of orange jam. One day, I decided to try to make this recipe at home to satiate my cravings for it. And it turned out to be great. So, I am sharing the exact same recipe with you all.
Orange marmalade can be made with 4 simple ingredients: sliced oranges & lemons, water and sugar. You have to boil all the ingredients at different boiling temperatures and timings. At last, refrigerate it and marmalade is ready to enhance your food.
You can also use orange extract or any of its substitutes in the recipe. You must be excited to make the recipe but hold your horses. This was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. So let’s check them out. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Salmorejo– Salmorejo is a cold puree of tomato and bread with other condiments. It is served in almost every restaurant in Spain. Nothing is better than a cold bowl of Salmorejo on a hot day.
2. Pizza Sauce– For all you pizza lovers, I am here to make your life easy-peasy and delicious with my pizza sauce recipe. It is an excellent alternative to the packaged Pizza Sauce that is available in the market.
3. Grainy Mustard– Bored with your same sandwiches, salads and meats and want some unique and super delicious taste for your everyday boring meal? If yes, then try the grainy mustard sauce recipe. Grainy mustard can be used as a dressing in many delicacies.
4. Meuniere Sauce– This recipe is very easy and yummy, that you will like to use it again and again. I bet that it will never disappoint you. For making your fish dish more wonderful, you can use this sauce anytime.
What’s In The Post
Orange Marmalade Recipe
- 4 Cleaned & Seedless Oranges
- 2 pc. Lemons
- 8 cups Granulated Sugar
- 8 cups Water
First, take the oranges and lemons. Cut them both into half crosswise, followed by cutting into thin half-moon slices.
Then, take a large stainless steel pot and add the sliced oranges, lemons and leftover juices. But make sure you remove the seeds from the lemons.
Now, add the water to the pot and give it a boil. After it is boiled, stir the sugar into it until it is dissolved.
Keep it covered and let it rest overnight at room temperature.
The next day, again give it a boil and then reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer uncovered for 2 hours. Now, increase the heat to medium and boil for another 30 minutes.
The marmalade is almost ready and keeps cooking until the temperature reaches 220 degrees. Achieving this temperature is important as at this temperature, the natural pectin gels with the sugar.
Now, we have to check if the marmalade is ready or not. To check, place a small amount on a plate and refrigerate the mixture until it becomes cool.
Do give it a try and share your reviews too. Your doubts are most welcome in my comment section below. So write them up and I will be replying to them with my best knowledge.