Moong dal stuffed parantha is a delicious Indian fried flatbread. It is stuffed with cooked green gram sprouts and spices. It is made with wheat flour. It has a high protein content and is a great bread for a savory breakfast.
Moong dal stuffed parantha is really easy to make. You have to make the dough for the flatbread and the stuffing. It doesn’t take much time and is a nutritious and spicy meal. You can enjoy it with a bowl of plain yogurt and a steaming cup of milk tea.
To make moong dal stuffed parantha, heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green chilly, ginger, and red chilly powder to it. Also, add sprouts, salt, and coriander to it. Cook it for some time. Mix yogurt, salt, and flour in a bowl to make the dough. Set it aside. Make two flatbreads and stuff the sprout filling in between them. Seal the edges and fry until both sides become crispy.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Maharashtrian Multigrain Thalipeeth– Thalipeeth is a famous Maharashtrian dish typically made of three flours, whole wheat, millet and bengal gram flour or besan.
2. Pioneer Woman Cornbread– It is baked cornbread and that you can ake in less than 30 minutes. It is delicious and has simple ingredients.
3. Squaw Bread– Squaw bread is a healthy bread made with rye flour, molasses, honey, butter, cocoa powder, and cornmeal. It is a delicious and sweet bread. You can also add raisins and nuts to it.
4. Zesty Jalapeno Cheesy Italian Bread– Little Caesars is one of the most popular pizza chains in America and their Zesty Jalapeno Cheesy Italian Bread is so good than any other bread. That is why I will tell the authentic recipe of Little Caesars Zesty Jalapeno Cheesy Italian Bread.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients for Moong Dal Parantha Recipe
|Cumin Seeds||1 teaspoon|
|Green Chilies (finely chopped)||1 tablespoon|
|Ginger (grated)||1 teaspoon|
|Red Chili Powder||½ teaspoon|
|Green Gram Sprouts (boiled)||1 cup|
|Coriander (chopped)||2 teaspoon|
|Wheat Flour||1 cup|
How much time it will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|25 Minutes||20 Minutes||1 Hour 5 Minutes|
Moong Dal Parantha Recipe
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and add cumin seeds to it. Roast it a bit. Now, add chopped green chilly, ginger, and red chilly powder.
- Mix all and cook for a few minutes. Now add sprouts, salt, and coriander. Cook it until it dries. Place it in a bowl and keep it aside to cool down.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, salt, and flour to make the dough. Keep it aside for about 15-20 minutes. Make small balls of the dough.
- Now, using a rolling pin, flatten the dough ball into a flat and round shape. Now, spread some of the cooked sprouts on it.
- Cover it with another flatbread and seal its edges.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Place the flatbread in it. Cook one side and then flip it. Cook it until both sides turn crispy and red. Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts Of Moong Dal Parantha Recipe
How to Make Stuffed Moong Dal Parantha at Home | Video