If you love to eat fish, then you should definitely try it with meuniere sauce. The sauce perfectly pairs with the seafood dishes and enhances the flavors. Keep looking through the article to know more about the recipe.
The meuniere recipe is quite easy and yummy, and once you make it right in your kitchen, I bet that there is no going back. For making your fish dish more wonderful, you can use this sauce anytime.
Meuniere sauce can be made by boiling the sea stock and garlic. Now, let them boil and take another pan and add flour in the melted butter. Then, add the butter mixture to the stock. At last, add Worcestershire sauce and salt to it. The sauce is ready to serve.
I have personally tried it many times and it’s worth making this sauce because after making this, you will feel ecstatic. Now, I will tell you about the ingredients to make this amazing sauce. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Orange Marmalade– Marmalade cannot only make any food look glossy, but also makes it more delicious. Today I will be telling you about preparing orange marmalade at home.
2. Honey French Dressing– Honey French dressing is a light sauce that has tangy and sweet flavors. The most advantageous thing about the recipe is that it is a lot healthier than the typical French dressing.
3. Wasabi Aioli– The dip is a combination of aioli and wasabi. Aioli is a Mediterranean sauce and mainly made up of garlic and oil whereas, wasabi is served with sushi.
4. Famous Dave’s BBQ Sauce– This copycat recipe has an intake of many ingredients but when combined, they make an awesome barbecue sauce. The recipe adds a sweet and hot flavor to your food.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Meuniere Sauce?
- Saucepan – Simmer the sauce in a saucepan by combining all the componenets.
- Ladle – Stir in all the components with a ladle.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Meuniere Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Meuniere Sauce?
- Beef Stock Or Seafood Stock – Prepare the meuniere sauce using beef stock or seafood stock.
- Butter – Make beurre manie with butter. Beurre manie is a mixture of cold butter and flour.
- All-Purpose Flour – Prepare roux gravy with a half a tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Bring out sweet and distinct tang by adding a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Louisiana Hot Pepper Sauce – A tablespoon of Louisiana hot pepper sauce will spice up the meuniere sauce.
- Lemon – A slice of lemon is added to the sauce for zesty flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the sauce with a pinch of black pepper.
- Parsley – You can add some chopped parsley for earthy and minty flavors.
Steps To Make Meuniere Sauce
1. One Step Sauce
Take a saucepan to simmer the components. In a saucepan, put sea stock and boil it on high heat. Now reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Then, in another pan add butter and flour mixture. Combine it well and add it to the stock pan. Keep stirring it frequently. At last, add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, Louisiana hot pepper sauce, and lemon. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 5-8 minutes and the meuniere sauce will be ready.
How Will Meuniere Sauce Look And Taste Like?
Meuniere Sauce looks glazy and shiny with a buttery texture. The flavors are well emulsified with tangy and zesty touch. Serve this amazing sauce with your favorite seafood dishes. The sauce is well paired with fish, crabs, fried snacks, and much more. All in all, the meuniere sauce tastes delightful.
Meuniere Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Seafood Stock
- ¾ tsp Lousiana Hot Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¾ lb. Butter
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lemon
- ½ cup Parsley
In a saucepan, put sea stock and boil it on high heat. Now reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
In another pan, melt 4 tbsp of butter over high heat. Add the flour and whisk it for about 10 seconds. Remove it from the heat.
Take back the stock mixture to medium heat and now add butter mixture to the stock mixture. Whisk continuously to make them smooth. Reduce heat to very low.
Now add the Worcestershire sauce, Lousiana hot pepper sauce, constantly whisk until butter is melted.
Add some salt and Worcestershire sauce and make it a thick sauce. This can be reheated.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does meuniere sauce taste like?
Meuniere sauce is delectable and prepared with tangy and zesty flavors. The sauce tastes amazing and is paired well with seafood dishes.
What does meuniere mean in French?
Meuniere means miller’s wife in French.
What is meuniere sauce made of?
Meuniere sauce is made of butter, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, Louisiana hot pepper sauce, and lemon.
What wine goes with sole meuniere?
The best wine paired with sole meuniere is dry and crip Sauvignon Blanc.
After trying the recipe, do share your reviews in the comment section. If you find any difficulty making the recipe, please feel free to ask in the comment section and I will try my best to respond to you. Do share this recipe with your friends and family as well.