Everybody wants to make KFC chicken drumsticks recipe at home, but no one is actually able to find the KFC one. The secret spice recipe of KFC is actually hard to figure. Once you figure the spice blend, the rest of the recipe is actually not hard to make.
I tried to make it at home and it tasted almost like the KFC. For me, it is one of the most loved chicken items on the KFC menu, and thus it makes me want to have it anytime I want. So, this is the homemade version of KFC’s original-style chicken drumsticks with an 11 spice blend.
To make KFC original chicken drumsticks, mix all the spices. Then mix the spice blend with flour, brown sugar, and salt. Dip the chicken pieces in egg and then, in the flour mix, so all of it gets covered. Then, fry the chicken for about 20 minutes. Serve hot.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Secret Sauce – KFC secret sauce is a perfect dressing for salads. This sauce is also paired with sandwiches, burgers, or KFC chicken. It has ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, chili sauce, mayonnaise, and seasoning spices. This delicious blend of flavors gives a sweet and tangy taste with a hint of spiciness from mustard and seasoning spices.
2. KFC Pepper Mayonnaise – KFC pepper mayonnaise is a spicy dip. This dip is infused with lemon juice, mustard, red pepper, garlic, oil, and egg. This smooth creamy dip can be enjoyed with snacks, chicken, salads, or any other side dish.
3. KFC Coleslaw – KFC coleslaw is a delicious mixture of shredded cabbage, onions, and carrots. This mixture is dressed with the flavors of lemon juice, vinegar, milk, mayonnaise mixture, and buttermilk. It’s a healthy side dish paired with any main course food item.
4. KFC Nashville Hot Chicken – KFC Nashville hot chicken has chicken coated with spicy flavors. This chicken is fried after being dredged into the spicy batter. It’s loaded with the flavors of dry mustard, garlic, cornstarch, chili powder, hot sauce, pickle juice, and egg. This chicken can be enjoyed with bleu cheese or ranch or any other dip of your choice.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
- Fryer – You need to deep fry drumsticks so you need a fryer to do so.
- Large Bowls – Make the spice blend and then the flour mixture in one and the egg wash in one.
- Spoon – Use the spoon for beating the eggs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks?
- Chicken Drumsticks – Get a lot of drumsticks to make a delicious KFC style bucket with this recipe.
- Neutral Oil – Fry your drumsticks in a neutral oil so they don’t have an overpowering smell or taste.
- Egg – Beat the egg to make the egg wash for the drumsticks.
- All-Purpose Flour – Make the crusty covering for the chicken with flour.
- Brown Sugar – Add sugar for a slight sweetness.
- Kosher Salt – A little bit of salt to balance it all.
- KFC Spice Blend – The spice blend is the most crucial part of this recipe. It is a mixture of 11 herbs and spices that make this recipe amazing.
Steps To Make KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks
1. The Secret Spice
Keep the fryer preheated to 350°F. In a bowl, mix all the spice blend ingredients. Then, add the spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
2. Dips and Fries
Dip the chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, coat them with the flour mixture. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces. Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust dries a bit.
Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 20 minutes until they become golden and crispy. Let the oil of the chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
How Will The KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Look And Taste Like?
The drumsticks look golden and delicious after frying. The outer crust is absolutely delicious and crunchy. The chicken is tender and juicy on the inside. The herbs and spices make the chicken extremely flavorful. Now, I get why Colonel Sanders kept the spice blend a secret.
KFC Original Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Preheat fryer to 350°F. In a bowl, mix all the spice blend ingredients.
Add the spice mix with flour, brown sugar, and salt.
Dip the chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, coat them with the flour mixture.
See to it that the flour mixture covers the chicken nicely and completely. Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust dries a bit.
Fry the chicken drumsticks for about 20 minutes.
Let the oil of the chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Serve hot.
This was it about the recipe! Try to make it and tell me how well you liked it. Mention your suggestions and queries in the comments below. I’ll be happy to help you. Till then, happy eating!