If you are a chicken lover, you must love KFC and its flavorful chicken. KFC crispy fried chicken is one of the most popular items among all of their items. Here is a quick recipe of KFC’s crispy fried chicken for you to explore.
KFC crispy fried chicken recipe is one of the most in-demand recipes as it is most popular among KFC chicken lovers. It is not that easy to make, but it’s worth spending an hour in the kitchen for this. I will show you how to make the homemade version of KFC’s original-style crispy fried chicken with KFC 11-ingredient seasoning mix to give it the original taste.
To make the KFC crispy fried chicken, combine spices, flour, brown sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then, dip the chicken pieces in the egg and coat them with flour. Fry the pieces in oil for about 20 minutes. Take out, keep on paper towels and serve.
This was just an overview of the recipe. You’ll find the complete recipe below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders – KFC crispy tenders are the strips of chicken breast battered in egg mixture and seasoned flour. This batter is loaded with the flavors of buttermilk, hot sauce, herbs and spices. This chicken is deep fried until its crispy on the outside. You can have this chicken with ranch, dip, or any other spicy sauce.
2 KFC Bowl – KFC bowl is a comforting food bowl to satiate your hunger. This bowl has fried chicken, gravy, cheese blend, and corn. It also has tender potatoes mashed with butter, milk, and salt. Then these mashed potatoes are assembled with chicken popcorns, corns and finished with shredded cheese.
3. KFC Potato Wedges – KFC potato wedges are crispy and lightly flavored potato bites. The potato wedges are dipped in egg and milk mixture then tossed with seasoned flour. These potatoes have the flavors of pepper, paprika, garlic, and salt. These potatoes are then fried until its golden brown.
4. KFC Nashville Hot Chicken – KFC Nashville hot chicken has chicken coated with spicy flavors. This chicken is fried after being dredged into the spicy batter. It’s loaded with the flavors of dry mustard, garlic, cornstarch, chili powder, hot sauce, pickle juice, and egg. This chicken can be enjoyed with bleu cheese, ranch, or any other dip.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken?
- Fryer- You’ll need to deep fry the chicken and that’s what you need the fryer for.
- Large Bowls – Prepare the breading using a large bowl.
- Spoon– Mix the egg wash and the seasoned flour using a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken? ?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken?
- Chicken Drumsticks – Cover the chicken drumsticks with seasoned flour and egg wash. Deep fry for a delicious KFC like fried chicken.
- Buttermilk – Marinate the chicken drumsticks in buttermilk. It will improve the texture of chicken drumsticks.
- Vegetable Oil – Fry your chicken using any vegetable oil of your choice.
- All-Purpose Flour – Take half a cup of all-purpose flour to prepare the breading mix. Add some spices to flour for enhanced flavors.
- Onion Powder – Bring out aromatic flavors with a pinch of onion powder to the dry mix.
- Garlic Powder – For pungent flavors sprinkle a splash of garlic powder.
- Ginger Powder – A teaspoon of ginger powder will add peppery and slight sweet flavors.
- Smoked Paprika – Spice up the drumsticks with a teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Dry Sage – Add a earthy blend of sharpness with some dry sage.
- Thyme – Savory and woodsy thyme will bring out umami sharpness.
- Basil – Adding basil to the breading will add a refreshing and minty touch.
- Oregano – You can add a teaspoon of oregano or Italian seasoning to bring out a Mexican touch to the drumsticks.
- Celery Salt – Add a pinch of celery salt for earthy and savory flavors.
- Mustard Powder – Mustard powder releases essential oils that bring our rich and healthy flavors.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season the breading with a pinch f black pepper.
- MSG – Adding msg will bring out umami sensation to your taste buds.
Steps To Make KFC Crispy Fried Chicken
1. Preparing The Chicken
Keep the fryer ready by preheating it to 350°F. Then, thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients. Combine flour, garlic powder, ginger powder, sage, thyme, basil, sugar, mustard powder, smoked paprika, celery salt, oregano, msg, and salt. Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them. Then, transfer them to the flour mixture. Turn them a few times and ensure the flour mix is stuck to the chicken. Repeat with all the chicken pieces.
2. Now, We Fry
Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit. Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165°F. Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer. Your delicious KFC-like crispy fried chicken is ready!
How Will The KFC Crispy Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
The chicken thighs look golden and crispy after they are fries. The skin is crispy and delicious while the chicken inside is juicy and tender. You can taste the spices in the seasoned flour. Make it at your home and try it with your favorite dip.
KFC Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
Preheat fryer to 350°F. Thoroughly mix together all the spice mix ingredients. Combine spice mix with flour, brown sugar and salt.
Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk to lightly coat them. Then, transfer them to flour mixture. Turn them a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken.
Repeat with all the chicken pieces. Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes, so the crust has a chance to dry a bit.
Fry chicken thighs for about 20 minutes. Chicken pieces are done when a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 325°F.
Let chicken drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer.
Now again fry the chicken at 370°F till it gets a golden crispy color from the outside.
Your delicious KFC Fried Chicken is ready to serve.
This was all about the KFC crispy fried chick recipe. Tell me in the comments how well you liked it. If you have any suggestions, mention them in the comment as well. See you next time. Happy cooking!