The KFC bowl is comfort served in a single-serving bowl. The most appropriate adjective for the KFC bowl is ‘comforting’. Don’t believe me? Let me tell you what goes into the KFC bowl. First, you have a few generous dollops of mashed potatoes, which by the way, are creamy and smooth. These potatoes are then topped with baked chicken popcorn. Umm… I say yum!
Did you think I was finished? Once the chicken sits atop the potatoes, you sprinkle some corn over them like little snowflakes. Then, you drizzle (more like pour) gravy over all of this glory. Oh! I am still not finished. You top this beauty with some shredded cheese. It is not just any cheese, and it is a cheese blend. It is a Colby Monterey Jack cheese blend, to be precise.
Now, do you understand why this KFC bowl is famous? But here’s the good news. The KFC bowl recipe is not tough at all. You can, by all means, make this recipe at home easily. So, let’s quickly rush to the kitchen to bake the chicken and make our KFC bowls. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Crispy Chicken Tenders – KFC crispy tenders are the strips of chicken breast battered in egg mixture and seasoned flour. This batter is loaded with the flavors of buttermilk, hot sauce, herbs and spices. This chicken is deep fried until its crispy on the outside. You can have this chicken with ranch, dip, or any other spicy sauce.
2. KFC Crispy Fried Chicken – KFC crispy fried chicken has is coated with the herbal and spicy flavors of KFC’s 11 secret spices. This chicken is breaded and deep fried until it is crispy and golden brown. This pieces of chicken thigh are dredged in the egg mixture and then coated with the flour mixture. This dish has the herbal spicy essences of KFC’s secret spic mix with mild sweetness from brown sugar.
3. KFC 11 Secret Herbs and Spices – KFC 11 secret herbs and spices is a spice blend made from KFC’s 11 secret herbs and pieces like paprika, onion powder, salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, allspice, oregano, chili powder, basil leaves, marjoram leaves, etc. You can use this spice blend to add herbal aromatic flavors to many main course dishes.
4. KFC Honey BBQ Sauce – KFC honey BBQ sauce is sweet n’ spicy sauce. This sauce is smooth blend of scrumptious flavors from onion powder, chili powder, and seasoning spices. The liquid smoke adds smoky BBQ flavors to this sauce. This sauce can be used to glaze chicken or as a dip.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC Bowl?
- Sheet Pan lined with Parchment Paper – Place the frozen chicken on the sheet pan so that you can bake it.
- Oven – Place the sheet pan in the oven to bake the frozen chicken.
- Large Bowl – Make your mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- Hand Blender – The hand blender will help you to make smooth and lump-free mashed potatoes.
- Microwave – Heat your canned corn and chicken gravy instantly with the help of a microwave.
- Single-Serving Bowls – Assemble everything in single-serving bowls to serve them.
- Knife and Spoon – Use the knife for slicing and the spoon for scooping stuff.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC Bowl?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC Bowl?
- Frozen Popcorn Chicken – Take your frozen popcorn chicken and thaw it. After that, bake it for some time. It adds a crispy texture and a spicy taste to the bowl.
- Russet Potatoes – Peel the potatoes and then halve them. After that, add them to a pot with salted water and boil them until they are fork-tender for 15 minutes.
- Milk, Salted Butter, and Salt – Add milk, salted butter, and salt to the potatoes and then blend them. This will help you to make smooth and rich mashed potatoes.
- Frozen Corn – Get a can of frozen corn and just microwave it. It’ll get heated in an instant.
- Chicken Gravy – You can heat a jar of chicken gravy in the microwave. But if you want, you can use homemade gravy for it as well.
- Colby Monterey Jack Cheese Blend – Top the bowl with a shredded cheese blend to give it a nutty and cheesy taste.
Steps To Make KFC Bowl
1. The 15 Minute Prep Routine
All you need is 15 minutes to do all the preparation for this recipe. First, place the frozen chicken popcorn on a sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper. Put the sheet pan and bake the chicken popcorn for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the boiled potatoes. Then, pour milk into the bowl. After that, add the sliced butter and salt to the bowl. Using a hand blender, blend everything to make the mashed potatoes. Also, heat the frozen corn and canned gravy in the microwave for 2-3 minutes each.
By the time your chicken is baked, everything will be ready.
2. The Serving Bowls Are Single
Now, take your single-serving bowls and scoop some mashed potatoes into them. Then, top the potatoes with chicken popcorn, corn, gravy, and a cheese blend. Now, adore this marvelous creation. After you are done with looking fondly at the bowls, you can dig in. Your delicious and fulfilling KFC bowls are ready!
How Will The KFC Bowl Look And Taste Like?
The KFC bowl looks like a beautiful dream. The cheese at the top has a sharp, nutty, and mild peppery taste that adds a great flavor to the bowl. The mashed potatoes are creamy, smooth, and of course, lump-free. The chicken is crispy, hot, and juicy. The gravy adds a strong flavor, and the corn adds sweetness. Now, I get why this KFC bowl is so famous. It’s truly finger-lickin’ good!
KFC Bowl Recipe
- 1 ¼ pounds Frozen Popcorn Chicken
- 9 Russet Potatoes (peeled, halved, boiled until fork tender)
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 ½ cups Colby Monterey Jack Cheese Blend (shredded)
- 5 tablespoons Salted Butter (sliced)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Chicken Gravy
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Salt (to taste)
Place the frozen chicken popcorn on a sheet pan that is lined with parchment paper. Put the sheet pan and bake the chicken popcorn for about 15 minutes.
In a bowl, add the boiled potatoes. Then, pour milk into the bowl. Also, add the sliced butter and salt to the bowl. Using a hand blender, blend everything to make the mashed potatoes.
Also, heat the frozen corn and canned gravy in the microwave for 2-3 minutes each.
Now, take your serving bowls and scoop some mashed potatoes into them. Then, top the potatoes with chicken popcorn, corn, gravy, and a cheese blend.
Your delicious and fulfilling KFC bowls are ready!
This was the recipe for the KFC bowl. Try to make it at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time with another great recipe.