The KFC 11 secret herbs and spices are the life and soul of the KFC fried chicken. The secret herbs and spices are what make the KFC chicken so special. They add the spicy warmth and herby freshness to the chicken. For years, this was the best-kept secret of KFC. But much to our joy and their dismay, this secret is out!
Today, I am going to tell you the 11 secret herbs and spices that you can add to make the recipe. Generally there are total 13 ingredients added to make the 11 herbs and spices. If you wondering how, let me tell you salt and msg added to the recipe are not herbs and spices. So, KFC tricks us by adding 13 components to prepare a recipe of 11 herbs and spices.
The seasoned flour will be the breading for your delicious homemade KFC chicken. You can make the spice rub beforehand and then mix it with some flour, brown sugar, and salt, and you’re all set. The spice rub is very easy to make (I mean very). If you don’t have marjoram, here is a list of marjoram substitutes that you can use instead.
In this recipe, the phrase “knowledge is power” stands true. You just need to know what the spices and herbs are. You can obviously figure out the rest. So, without wasting any time, let’s see the KFC 11 secret spices and herbs. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes from KFC down below.
1. KFC Potato Wedges – KFC potato wedges are crispy and lightly flavored potato bites. The potato wedges are dipped in egg and milk mixture then tossed with the seasoned flour. These potatoes have the flavors of pepper, paprika, garlic, and salt. These potatoes are then fried until its golden brown.
2. KFC Honey BBQ Sauce – KFC honey BBQ sauce is sweet n’ spicy sauce. This sauce is smooth blend of scrumptious flavors from onion powder, chili powder, and seasoning spices. The liquid smoke adds smoky BBQ flavors to this sauce. This sauce can be used to glaze chicken or as a dip.
3. KFC Chicken Nuggets – KFC chicken nuggets are bite-sized fried chicken pieces. These chicken bites are crispy and filled with the flavors of egg mixture and hot sauce. You can enjoy these spicy chicken nuggets as appetizer with you meal. This dish is served with a ketchup, dip, or BBQ sauce.
4. KFC Gravy – KFC gravy is made from smooth and flavorsome roux. This gravy has the flavors of butter, onion, and seasoning spices. It can be enjoyed with chicken, beef, or can be drizzled over the KFC bowl, or mashed potatoes. This gravy gives rich umami essence to the dish it’s paired with.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices And Herbs?
- Large Bowl – Use a large bowl to combine all the herbs and spices.
- Whisk – Mix the spices and herbs using a whisk.
- Air-Tight Container – Once you have made the KFC 11 secret spices and herb mix, store it in a clean, dry air-tight container until further use.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices And Herbs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||–||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices And Herbs?
- Smoked Paprika – A teaspoon of smoked paprika will enhance the flavors of herbs and spices.
- Chili Powder – Add a little hotness to your spice mix with chili powder.
- Onion Salt – Onion salt is rich in savory flavors that enriches the food dishes.
- Celery Salt – Add some celery salt to the mix to give it an alum aroma and fresh yet earthy flavor.
- Rubbed Sage – Rubbed sage adds herby, earthy, and peppery taste to the mix.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder adds a mild and roasted garlicky flavor to the spice and herb mix.
- Ground Allspice – The ground allspice adds tastes mainly of nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Ground Oregano – Add a sweet, earthy, and slightly peppery taste to the mixture with some ground oregano.
- Black Pepper – Add a peppery and earthy touch to the mix with some black pepper.
- Basil Leaves – Basil leaves add a sweet and peppery aroma and flavor to the mix.
- Marjoram Leaves – Marjoram adds a strong warm and herby taste to the mix.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- MSG – Msg will bring out umami flavors to the secret spices and herbs recipe.
Steps To Make KFC 11 Secret Spices And Herbs
1. The Secret Formula
Hold tight! I am going to tell you to make the KFC secret spice and herb mix. In a large bowl, add paprika, onion salt, celery salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, ground allspice, ground oregano, chili powder, black pepper, basil leaves, and marjoram leaves. Then, mix them with a whisk. That’s it! Your spice and herb mix is ready!
Transfer this spice rub into an airtight container to store it until you want to use it. Then, mix it with flour, sugar, salt, msg, and dredge your chicken into it. Fry your chicken until it’s golden brown and you’re good to go!
|Saturated Fat||0.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.3 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
How Will The KFC 11 Secret Spices And Herbs Look And Taste Like?
The KFC 11 Secret Spices and Herbs look exactly like one would expect them to. They have the red and green shades of the herbs and spices with a few browns and blacks here and there. The spice mix has a peppery, spicy, earthy, and herby aroma to it. It makes the chicken spicy, savory, and herby when added to the breading.
KFC 11 Secret Herbs And Spices Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Onion Salt
- 1 teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 teaspoon Rubbed Sage
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Basil Leaves (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram Leaves (finely crushed)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon MSG
In a large bowl, add paprika, onion salt, celery salt, rubbed sage, garlic powder, ground allspice, ground oregano, chili powder, black pepper, basil leaves, and marjoram leaves. Then, mix them with a whisk.
Transfer this spice rub into an airtight container to store it until you want to use it. Then, mix it with flour, sugar, msg, and salt and dredge your chicken into it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does KFC chicken sandwich have 11 herbs and spices?
Flavored with a unique blend of secret seasonings, Secret Recipe Fries have a signature KFC taste as distinct as KFC’s renowned 11 herbs and spices tat is paired with KFC Extra Crispy Tenders and the New KFC Chicken Sandwich.
Does KFC have a secret ingredient?
KFC secret ingredient remains Tellicherry black pepper.
Does KFC chicken have bones?
Yes KFC chicken have bones. The chicken offered at KFC is often comes with the bones.
What are the 7 Holy herbs?
For the Druid priest-healers the seven ‘sacred’ herbs were clover, henbane, mistletoe, monkshood, pasqueflower, primrose and verlan.
These were the KFC 11 secret spices and herbs. Use them to make the KFC like fried chicken at home and tell me your views in the comments. It’s time to take your leave, See you with another recipe next time.