Hummus sauce is a very healthy and tasty choice of dip. In this post, let’s have a look at the recipe of the hummus sauce that you can easily make at your home.
The sauce is most loved in the Middle East and the Mediterranean. This homemade that we are going to make is better than that of the packed ones available in the store. The preservatives added in the packed ones can ruin the healthiness of the dip. The sauce is really creamy and smooth and perfectly pairs with daily life food.
The recipe of hummus sauce involves mixing tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor. Then, add the chickpeas and whisk. The sauce is ready. At last, garnish with parsley, paprika and pine nuts.
If you want to make your hummus a bit richer, use some coconut butter. Don’t have coconut butter? Use any of it’s substitutes (tahini’s one). Find all the substitutes for coconut butter here!
Now that you have got an idea about the recipe, get ready to explore the detailed recipe, so that you can make the recipe flawlessly and efficiently. Now, it’s time we get our hands on ingredients.
1. Gluten-Free Pesto– A gluten-free pesto gives a divine taste. Normally, it is made with butter and cheese. But today, I will be sharing with you a dairy-free recipe that you are going to love very much.
2. Shahi Kesar Rabdi– The recipe is made from thickened milk and flavored with saffron and cardamom. You can also have it with malpua, shahi tukda and rasmalai.
3. White Coconut Chutney– The recipe is mainly made by blending coconut. But I like to add green chilies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and some other ingredients to make a better version of the chutney.
4. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce– The sauce is also known as nam chim kai in Thailand. I prefer to have it with grilled fish, spring rolls and chicken wings. You can also use honey or brown syrup in the sauce.
Hummus Sauce Recipe
- ⅓ cup Tahini
- 15 ounces Cooked Chickpeas
- 4 tsp Water
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Oil
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¾ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Garlic Clove
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice
- Parsley, Paprika & Pine
In your food processor, add tahini, cold water, olive oil, cumin, garlic and lemon juice. Mix it well and form a smooth mix.
Now add the chickpeas and whisk it until the whole mixture is fine and smooth. You can add more water if the sauce is too thick.
Check the consistency and taste it. Add more salt and cumin or lemon juice if needed.
Garnish with some parsley, paprika and pine nuts and serve immediately.
So what do you think about this recipe? Tell me if you know something more about this recipe and I will love to add it. Do share this recipe with your friends and let us know their reviews and experiences as well, in the comments section below.