This crispy and crunchy shrimp recipe is one of the best recipes you’ll ever have. The honey walnut shrimp can be easily made at home in very little time, and I will show you how.
Honey walnut shrimp originated from Hong Kong. It is a recipe for Chinese cuisine and is very famous. But now, Americans also love this delicacy. I learned this recipe from my friend. He went to Shanghai for his work and came home with the recipe.
To make this honey walnut shrimp, you need egg whites, sugar, mayonnaise, cornstarch, and honey. Boil these ingredients in a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch with eggs in a bowl and whisk them. Now, add the shrimp to the batter and fry them for few minutes. Top with a sauce made of mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Serve them with candied walnuts.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Lentejas– Another name of this recipe is lentil soup. Lentil is an edible legume. It is known for its lens-shaped seeds. It grows in pods and has two seeds in every pod. Its main producers are India and Canada.
2. Frogmore Stew– This stew originated in the Lowcountry fishing community on St. Helena Island called Frogmore. This is why this stew is also known as Lowcountry boil or Beaufort stew.
3. Sous Vide Asparagus– Sous vide is a very famous cooking technique in which the food is sealed in an airtight bag and cooked in temperature-controlled water. This amazing preparation of asparagus with lemon and salt is really very simple.
4. Oven Roasted Chicken Tikka– Tandoori chicken tikka, dry chicken tikka, or grilled chicken tikka are really popular among people in India. Roasted chicken tikka in the oven is really a unique way to bring the authentic Indian taste to your kitchen.
What’s In The Post
Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 cup Water
- 3 Egg Whites
- ½ cup Walnuts
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Condensed Milk
- ½ cup Oil
In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, walnuts and boil them for few minutes.
After boiling them, remove walnuts and dry them on a dish.
Now, combine the cornstarch with eggs in a bowl and whisk them together.
In this batter, add shrimp, one at a time.
Fry the shrimp in a medium-sized pot at 350o for about 4 to 5 minutes.
For the sauce, add mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
In the sauce, add fried shrimp and coat with a large spoon.
Serve them on a serving plate and top with candied walnuts.