Grilled chicken sandwiches are the mainstay of every American lunch or dinner table. It is a marvelous merger that promises a zestful flavor and utmost scrumptiousness.
A go-to recipe for instant gratification of your palate, grilled chicken sandwiches can be easily prepared. This recipe is a blend of chicken breasts, creamy sauce, and delicious buns. Set aside 60 minutes of your time and enjoy an alluring meal!
Boneless chicken breasts are often used as a healthy option. If not grilling, you can bake the chicken in the broiler. Ensure you don’t marinate the chicken any longer than four hours. Being a diligent cook can add wonders to your recipe, no doubt. Check out the steps to the recipe.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need to Make a Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
- Grill – You need a grill to get that chicken juicy and well-cooked.
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to marinate the chicken.
- Skillet – You require a skillet to toast the buttered buns.
- Tong – You can use a tong to turn over the chicken while grilling.
- Whisk – You need a whisk to mix the ingredients for preparing the marinade.
- Platters – You need platters to keep the grilled chicken as well as to assemble your sandwich with toppings.
How Much Time Will You Need to Make a Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Resting Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||15 Minutes||55 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make a Grilled Chicken Sandwich?
- Chicken – Boneless chicken breasts are often used for making sandwiches. Boneless chicken thighs are also a worthy substitute.
- Buns – For a much tastier version, use brioche buns.
- Butter – Butter is used literally to butter your buns.
- Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise is the major ingredient for preparing the marinade, giving a creamy texture.
- Olive Oil – Use oil to prepare your marinade so that it retains moisture.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice acts as the best tenderizer, making the chicken soft and chewable.
- Mustard Sauce – Mustard sauce renders an amazing spicy aroma to the chicken.
- Tomato Sauce – As in any recipe, tomato sauce enriches the overall taste of your recipe.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder enhances your sandwich with its unique flavor and aroma.
- Onions – Freshly diced onions for assembling the sandwich.
- Tomatoes – As a healthy, colorful partner to chicken, tomatoes are inevitable in your recipe.
- Lettuce – Lettuce is added as an extensive appetizer.
- Pepper – A pinch of pepper magically upgrades the flavor of your sandwich.
- Salt – Your recipe can turn amiss without this captain!
Steps To Make Grilled Chicken Sandwich
1. Time To Marinate
For the marinade, take a bowl and pour some olive oil. Add mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard sauce, garlic powder, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk well. Dip the chicken breasts in the marinade. Marinate for around thirty minutes.
2. Prepare The Buns
Take four brioche buns and halve them. Butter them on the inside. Toast them using a tong in a skillet for about 10 seconds each.
3. Grilling The Chimkin!
Preheat the grill over medium flame. Take out the marinated chicken and grill both sides using a tong for about 3-4 minutes. After grilling, keep the chicken aside on a platter.
4. Assemble The Heroes!
Once you are done with grilling and toasting, it is time to assemble the heroes of your sandwich – the toppings! Take a platter and place the buns. Spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on each half of the bun. Layer the bun with lettuce, chicken, tomato, and onions. Top with the other bun and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Garnish your sandwich with chili flakes or pepper. If devoid of a grill, you can always go for a grill pan for preparing your sandwich. For a healthier version, you can chop some veggies, saute them and use them as stuffing.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.4 g|
How Will a Grilled Chicken Sandwich Look and Taste Like?
The grilled chicken sandwich is an arresting, savory food that easily fills your tummies with flavors. The taste of juicy chicken, along with enticing seasoning and toppings, is sure to make you crave more and more.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 4 pieces boneless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Brioche Buns
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 6 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Onions
- 4 Tomatoes
- 8 heads Lettuce
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
Take a small bowl. Add olive oil, mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard sauce, garlic powder, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk these ingredients well.
Dip the chicken pieces in the marinade and mix well. Keep them in the marinade for around thirty minutes.
Cut the brioche buns into half. Smear butter on the cut-sides down. Toast them using a tong in a skillet for about 10 seconds each.
Preheat the grill over medium flame. Take out the marinated chicken and grill both sides using a tong for about 3-4 minutes.
Take a half bun and apply a teaspoon of mayonnaise. Layer it with lettuce, chicken, tomato and onions. Top with the other bun. Serve with tomato sauce.
Well, now you have the perfect go-to recipe for a yummy, scrumptious snack or a meal. Follow the recipe as mentioned and let me know how it turned out. Get creative and enlighten me if any of your modifications gives you a much better taste. Until then, happy eating!