If you are tired of eating spaghetti the same way, over and over, then I have a great spaghetti recipe for you. The recipe is for Greek spaghetti which is a fusion of Greek and Italian cuisines. The wonderful saucy flavors so closely associated with Italy translate well when paired with lemon and feta.
Spaghetti is a type of pasta that originated in Italy and staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Many people think that there is no difference between noodles and spaghetti but they are actually very different. Spaghetti is a thin, long, cylindrical pasta made with milled wheat and flour. It is not added to soup and is usually served with sauce. On the other hand, noodles are made with flour, egg, and water and can be served with soup also. Spaghetti is also a bit thicker than noodles.
To make Greek spaghetti, cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water. Then, drain the water and transfer it to a bowl. Heat oil in a pan and fry the garlic in it. Pour the garlic oil over the spaghetti. Then, add tomatoes, olives, basil, and lemon juice to it. Also, add salt and pepper to it and toss gently. Lastly, top the spaghetti with crumbled feta cheese and serve.
This was just me hastily explaining the recipe to you. Let me take a breather and explain the recipe in detail below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Southern Fried Okra– Fried Okra is a side dish that can be accompanied by anything savory. The trick to making fried okra crispy is to use fresh okra.
2. Gnocchi– Word Gnocchi means traditional Italian potato dumplings which are small and soft. I learned to make Gnocchi from my friend who is a big potato lover and she always used to try new things from the potatoes.
3. Rotella Pasta– Rotelle is a type of pasta resembling wheels with spokes. They are similar to Fiori. The name derives from the Italian word for “Wagon Wheels”.
4. Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs– Gluten-free Turkey Meatballs are healthy, easy to cook, moist, and juicy which require only a handful of simple ingredients. Gluten-free Turkey Meatballs are the most delicious meatballs ever.
What’s In The Post
Greek Spaghetti Recipe
- 6 ounces Spaghetti (uncooked)
- 3 cups Tomatoes (chopped, seeded)
- 1 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- ½ cup Black Olives
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Basil (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti to it and cook it for 8-10 minutes.
Drain the spaghetti, transfer it to a large bowl, and set aside.
Heat the oil until in a saucepan and fry the garlic in it for one minute.
Pour this garlic oil over the spaghetti and mix well.
Then, add the tomatoes, olives, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix well.
Top with the crumbled feta and serve.