Bring the comfort of a Classic British dish to your dinner table! Try Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the hole. It’s chef Ramsay’s version of the classic English toad in the hole. The delicious sausages are dug in the batter and are filled with intense aromatic flavors. If you’re looking for a scrumptious sausage recipe, this recipe is the one you should try.
Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the hole has a fluffy pudding with delicious sausages baked in it. Well! You can brown the sausage in the oven or shallow fry it to cook it before adding it to the batter. But! You should not be tempted to open the oven door while the sausage is in the oven. If you open it before 20 minutes, the batter won’t rise. It might turn out flat and denser. So, let’s move on to the recipe now!
Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the pot is an easy recipe with simple ingredients and equipment. Check out the lists mentioned below and follow the recipe instructions carefully. You can add more flavors or seasoning spices if you want. Try this recipe now and enjoy! But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the chef delight section of our blog.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Sauce– Gordon Ramsay’s bread sauce is a light sauce for your Christmas feast. It goes perfectly well with chicken as well as turkey. The thick sauce is flavored with spices that make it all the more better.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue– Want a delicious dessert with complex flavors? Try Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie. It is a delicious lemon pie with a cloud of meringue on top. Cut a slice and float to heaven.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Avocado Toast– We all want to have a healthy breakfast but without the hassle of making it. Make Gordon Ramsay’s avocado toast. Just make the sourdough bread and layer it avocado. Flavor the avocado with lemon, sesame seeds, and chili flakes. There’s you Instagram worthy healthy breakfast.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Sausage Rolls– Do you want to make a delicious yet easy-to-make sausage recipe. I suggest you to try to make Gordon Ramsay sausage roll. These mini puff rolls are stuffed with a sausage mixture. The puff pastry is crispy and buttery and the sausage mixture is flavored with seasoning spices.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole?
- Bowl- Use a large mixing bowl to make the batter for this recipe. You can use a small bowl to keep milk and other ingredients before using them in the recipe.
- Saucepan- You can cook the sausages in the saucepan and then bake them with the batter.
- Ovenproof baking pan- Use a 9×13 oven dish to bake the batter and sausage.
- Plastic wrap- Cover the bowl containing batter with the plastic wrap and refrigerate it.
- Spatula- Stir in the butter, milk, flour, and other ingredients with a spatula. You also need a spatula to combine the ingredients for the batter and to cook the sausages.
- Oven- Oven is the major equipment for this recipe.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole?
- Flour- You’ll need seven ounces of all-purpose flour for the batter. Flour and milk give a sort of body to the batter.
- Milk- Milk gives a nice consistency to the batter.
- Eggs- Whisk in four eggs to soften the batter and to add a thick texture to it.
- Salt- Add a pinch of salt to balance the flavors and enhance the taste of this dish.
- Sausages- Sausage is the key ingredient for this recipe. You need about eight sausages in this dish. You’re free to choose among the pork, beef, or any meat sausages.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole
1. Make The Batter And Cook Sausage:
Take a large mixing bowl and add milk, flour, eggs, and salt to it. Whisk them well to form a smooth batter. Cover this bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about an hour. Now, cook the sausage until it’s brown and put it aside.
2. Add Sausage And Batter To The Pan:
Add vegetable oil to the ovenproof baking pan and place it in the center of the oven. Let the oil smoke and then, take the pan out of the oven. Immediately pour the batter into the pan and push the sausages into the batter evenly all around the pan.
3. Bake And Serve:
Now, return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||147 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole Look and Taste?
Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the hole has soft fluffy pudding with sausages in it. The sausage is crispy brown. This dish has combined flavors of pudding and sausages. It’s mildly seasoned with salt and loaded with the flavors of sausages, meat and eggs. You can enjoy this dish with any type of meal and with vegetables or salad.
Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole Recipe
Ovenproof Baking Dish
- 7 ounces All-Purpose Flour
- 8 Sausages
- 4 eggs
- 6.7 ounces Milk
- pinch Salt
Add milk, flour, eggs, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to form a smooth batter. Cover this bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. Now, cook the sausages until they’re brown and put them aside to cool.
Place an oven-proof baking pan containing vegetable oil in the center of the oven. Let the oil smoke and then, remove the pan from the oven. Immediately pour in the batter and push the sausages evenly into the batter, all around the pan.
Now, return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Did you try this classic British recipe? Share your thoughts about it in the comment’s below. Don’t forget to try our other amazing recipes too.