Decorate your lemon pie with a sweet cloud of meringue Ramsay’s style! Try Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie. It’s a delicious American dessert with a crispy short-crust pastry filled with citrusy-sweet lemon curd. The soft and sweet meringue is stacked on the lemon curd, which makes it a perfect addition to a celebration meal.
Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie is made by using premium ingredients. It looks amazing and tastes like it’s made in heaven. It’s a sweet symphony of lemon pie and meringue. To have a perfect meringue, just keep a few things in mind. Make sure you to seperate the whites from the yolk for the meringue. Whisk quicker to better aerate the egg whites.
The trio for this recipe (crust, lemon curd, and meringue) is prepared separately and then assembled into this sweet package. To know the recipe for Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie, you must start with the list of equipment and ingredients.
Read the instructions mentioned below and follow them carefully to make it the way Chef Ramsay does. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other dishes from the chef delight section of our blog.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Toad In The Hole – Gordon Ramsay’s toad in the hole is classic British comfort food. The name may sound a bit unappetizing but the dish is far from it. It is delicious fluffy baked pudding with sausages in the middle. Try them out and find the toad in the hole yourself.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Creme Brulee – Try making Gordon Ramsay’s creme brulee at home and feel like a Michelin chef. This French dessert is a delicious cream and egg custard with a burnt sugar topping. Tap the top of the brulee to see the satisfying break of the sugar.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Avocado Toast – We all want to have a healthy breakfast but without the hassle of making it. Make Gordon Ramsay’s avocado toast. Just make the sourdough bread and layer it with avocado. Flavor the avocado with lemon, sesame seeds, and chili flakes. There’s your Instagram-worthy healthy breakfast.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Sausage Rolls – Do you want to make a delicious yet easy-to-make sausage recipe. I suggest you try to make Gordon Ramsay sausage roll. These mini puff rolls are stuffed with a sausage mixture. The puff pastry is crispy and buttery and the sausage mixture is flavored with seasoning spices.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie?
- Saucepan – Combine the cornstarch with sugar in a saucepan for the filling and to make the meringue.
- Bowl – Whisk the mixture for the filling in a large mixing bowl.
- Spatula – Use a spatula to stir and mix the ingredients for the filling and meringue.
- Whisk – Use a whisk to combine the mixture for the filling in the bowl.
- Baking Dish – Use a baking pan to bake the lemon meringue pie in the oven.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie?
|1 Hour 10 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need For Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie?
- Cornstarch – Use a half cup of cornstarch to make the meringue and the filling (some extra for no weep meringue). Cornstarch also mimics the effect of sugar in the filling and the meringue.
- Sugar – Use a cup of granulated sugar for this recipe. Sugar is added to the filling and the mile-high meringue. Reserve about four tablespoons of granulated sugar for the meringue and two tablespoons of granulated sugar for no weep meringue.
- Salt – Add just one-fourth teaspoon of salt to balance the flavors of the filling and the meringue.
- Lemons – Zest two lemons to add a zesty twist to the filling for this recipe. Also, squeeze two lemons to have a half cup of lemon juice for the filling.
- Water – You’ll need about two cups of water for the filling and to make the meringue. Water prevents them from getting extra thick in texture and balances the flavors. Use a half cup of water for no weep meringue.
- Butter – You need butter to add more flavor and to enhance the texture of the filling. Melt three tablespoons of butter for this recipe.
- Egg – You need about four eggs for the filling and the meringue. Prepare four egg yolks for the filling and keep the egg whites for meringue.
- Vanilla Extract – Add about a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the meringue mixture for this recipe.
- Lemon Juice – Cream of tartar or lemon juice have the acid that provides structure to the meringue.
Steps To Make Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie
1. Make The Crust And Filling
Bake the 9-inch crust in a preheated oven (350 F) until the crust is golden brown. Take it off the heat and let it cool completely. Now, take a heavy-bottom saucepan and combine cornstarch with sugar and water over medium heat. Let the mixture bubble for a few minutes and reduce to have a thick texture.
Now, whisk the egg yolks in a bowl and slowly add about three spoons of the thick filling while stirring the egg mixture continuously. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and tempered eggs into the thick mixture in the saucepan and let them slightly bubble.
Pour the thick filling into the prebaked crust and set it aside to cool completely. Now, whisk two tablespoons of sugar with a tablespoon of starch in a pan. Add a half cup of water and stir. Now, set it aside to cool completely. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed and add sugar and vanilla to it. Whisk to combine and add the cooled mixture (cornstarch-sugar mixture) to the egg whites while you continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed. Spread this meringue over the pie and tap top with a spoon to form small peaks.
3. Oven’s Turn
Bake in the preheated oven (350 F) until it’s brown in color and let it cool completely once it’s done. Then refrigerate it by covering it with a cake carrier so that the meringue does not get messed up.
How Will Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie Look And Taste Like?
That’s all! Yes, Gordon Ramsay’s lemon meringue pie is ready! This decadent dessert has crispy brown pie crust and lemon curd filling in it. The lemon curd has butter, eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice. The sugar adds sweetness to it while salt is added to balance the flavors of this dessert. The meringue on top is baked and is loaded with aerated egg whites. It’s flavored with lemon and sugar. Try this recipe and impress the dessert connoisseurs with this amazing lemon pie.
Gordon Ramsay’s Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Lemons
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1.5 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Bake the crust in a preheated oven (350 F) until the crust is golden brown. Now, combine cornstarch with sugar and water in a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat. Let this mixture bubble for a few minutes and reduce until it has a thick texture.
Now, whisk the egg yolks in a bowl by slowly adding three spoons of the thick filling and stir the egg mixture continuously. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, and tempered eggs to the thick mixture in the saucepan and let them slightly bubble.
Pour the thick filling into the prebaked crust and set it aside to cool completely. Now, whisk a tablespoon of starch with sugar in a pan. Add a half cup of water and stir. Let the mixture bubble until it thickens. Now, set it aside to cool completely.
Beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed and add sugar and vanilla to it. Add the cooled mixture (cornstarch-sugar mixture) to the egg whites while you continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed. Spread this meringue over the pie and tap top with a spoon to form small peaks.
Bake this pie in the preheated oven (350 F) until it’s brown in color and let it cool completely. Then refrigerate it by covering it with a cake carrier to keep the meringue undisturbed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you keep lemon meringue pie from getting soggy?
Add a little cornstarch to stabilize the meringue which will further result in firm meringue pie.
Should I refrigerate a lemon meringue pie?
Yes, before you go ahead and serve the pie refrigerate it for some time.
How long is lemon meringue pie good for in the refrigerator?
You can store lemon meringue pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What does lemon meringue pie taste like?
Lemon meringue is slightly sweet and is filled with tart flavors.
That’s all about this recipe! Tell me about your recipe in the comments below. We value your feedback!