A gluten-free pesto gives a divine taste. Normally, it is made with butter and cheese. But today, I will be sharing with you a dairy-free recipe that you are going to love very much.
I love pesto since childhood. My mom used to make it the classic way with pecorino cheese and butter. But after ages, I got to know through a friend that this can even be made without dairy products, resulting in gluten-free pesto. Making it dairy-free may impart some of the flavors of the recipe. But with the use of olive oil, it will taste almost the same as a classic pesto.
To prepare gluten-free pesto, firstly gather basil leaves, garlic cloves, walnuts and salt and blend. Consistency of this sauce can be as per the preference. To make it thin, add some olive oil. To make it appear more bright and green, swap basil with spinach.
The quantity of the ingredients to make a perfect sauce will be shared below. This recipe can be used as a sauce, dip, spread, or even as a topping over a dish. I will love to add this to my bowl of pasta and relish it. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Texas Salsa– Texas restaurant-style salsa will have a perfect consistency. It will neither be chunky nor thin. This salsa will be great as a dip or can be used in any Texas-Mexican dish.
2. Chimichurri Sauce– The sauce has its origins in Argentina. I have been eating the sauce since my childhood and it is one of my favorite dips. It has the goodness of all the fresh ingredients that add to its taste and healthy nature.
3. Lemon Curd– Whether it’s cakes or scones, this recipe of lemon curd will amplify the taste of the food. It’s so delicious, tangy and creamy, that it just melts in your mouth, the moment it comes in contact with your taste buds.
4. Hummus Sauce– Hummus sauce is a very healthy and tasty choice of dip. In this post, let’s have a look at the recipe of the hummus sauce that you can easily make at your home.
What’s In The Post
Gluten-Free Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups Basil
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts or Walnuts
- 1 tsp Salt
Take a blending jar of the food processor. Add all basil, olive oil, garlic, nuts or walnut and salt to it.
Blend them all into a puree.
Your sauce is ready to serve.
All the vegans must be happy after going through the recipe. Try this recipe and let me know about your reviews in the comment section below.