If you want to get in the holiday spirit, gingerbread cake is the best thing to go for. Also, you can go with the cake trend and try making a gingerbread bundt cake. The cake is soft and delicious with a strong taste of gingerbread spice blend. It is topped with a sugar glaze that moistens it.
The gingerbread spice is not an unfathomable concoction that can’t be figured out. It is actually a simple mixture of spices. Just mix ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice. This gives the cake a strong aroma and taste of spice. Even the glaze has some spice in it. So, you know you are getting the authentic gingerbread experience.
Gingerbread is one of the most traditional holiday flavors. Gingerbread to Christmas is what pumpkin spice is to Halloween. You get the point, right? It’s kind of a big deal. So, let’s move to the recipe of gingerbread bundt and find out. But first, check out some other recipes from the Chef’s delight.
1. Gordon Ramsay’s Prawn Salad– If you want something healthy yet absolutely delicious, you should definitely try Gordon Ramsay’s prawn salad. Other than serving health goals, the salad is also really crunchy. The dressing adds a sour punch to it and we are here for it.
2. Gordon Ramsay’s Mediterranean Sea Bass– The homemade spicy sauce with veggies, tomato sauce, lemon zest, and white wine is the soul of this recipe. Try this Israeli delicacy and you’ll love it for sure.
3. Gordon Ramsay’s Tacos– Whether you are looking for a breakfast taco or the one with the spice kick of wasabi, this article has got you covered for all.
4. Gordon Ramsay’s Sea Bass With Fennel, Lemon, And Capers-Looking for an easy way out to make amazing sea bass, then the recipe from Gordon Ramsay for sea bass fennel, lemon and capers is all you really need to go through.
What’s In The Post
What Is The Equipment Used For Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
- 2 Large Bowls- You need the large bowl to mix the dry ingredients and another one to make the whole cake batter.
- Medium Bowl- You’ll need one to make the glaze.
- Bundt Style Pan- It wouldn’t be a bundt cake if you bake it in a regular pan now, would it?
- Oven- Once the batter is in the pan, you’ll need to bake it in the oven. It wouldn’t be a cake if it wasn’t baked.
- Spoon- You’ll need a spoon or two to mix everything up.
What Is The Time Required To Make Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
|1 Hour 10 Minutes
What Are The Ingredients Used For Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
For The Cake
- Gingerbread Spice Blend- The blend is made with ginger, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, and allspice. It is what gives the gingerbread cake its distinct spicy flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour- All-purpose flour is one of the main ingredients of the cake that becomes the medium for the other ingredients.
- Unsalted Butter- Unsalted butter is used as you don’t want salty butter taste to overpower the sweetness and spice of the cake.
- Eggs- Add eggs so that the cake is moist and fluffy.
- Molasses- Molasses is added as a sweetener to the cake.
- Water- A little water will make the batter smooth.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder- These are added as leavenings for the cake to rise.
- Salt- A pinch of salt balances the sweetness of the cake.
- Brown Sugar- You can use regular sugar, but brown sugar goes well with the spice blend.
For The Glaze
- Rum- Rum gives richness to the glaze and makes it thick.
- Gingerbread Spice Blend- Add a little blend to the glaze as well to make it complement the cake.
- Granulated Sugar- This is rum and sugar glaze, after all. Add the sugar to remove most of the bitterness of the rum and make the glaze a sweet one.
Steps To Make Gingerbread Bundt Cake
1. Preparing The Batter
Start by mixing the dry ingredients. Add the flour, gingerbread spice blend, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl and whisk them. After that, add butter and sugar to another bowl and beat them until fluffy. Add the eggs one by one to the mixture and mix them. Add molasses to the mixture as well and stir it in.
Then, add the flour mixture in three parts to the wet mixture. Also, add a little bit of water to make the mixture smooth.
2. Baking The Cake
When the mixture is smooth, pour it into the greased bundt pan. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake it for almost an hour at 350°F. When it is baked to perfection, take it out, and let it cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
3. Glaze It!
In a bowl, mix rum, gingerbread spice blend, and sugar. Your glaze is ready just like that. Place the bundt cake on a plate and brush the glaze over the cake.
What Does The Gingerbread Bundt Cake At Home?
The cake looks beautiful as it is shaped like a bundt pan. It looks beautifully brown because of the molasses, brown, and spice blend. It also smells like Christmas because of the gingerbread spice. The molasses and brown sugar make the cake sweet and it has notes of all the spices. The glaze makes the cakes sweeter, but that is welcomed as it goes perfectly well. The cake is also very moist and fluffy. You should definitely try to make it.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake Recipe
2 Large Bowls
Bundt Style Pan
For Gingerbread Spice Blend
- 3 teaspoons Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Clove
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
For The Cake
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Molasses
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Gingerbread Spice Blend
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cups packed Brown Sugar
For The Glaze
- ⅓ cup Rum (you can use Water if you want)
- ½ teaspoon Gingerbread Spice Blend
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
First and foremost, preheat the oven at 350°F. Also, keep the bundt pan prepared by greasing it beforehand.
In a large bowl, add flour, gingerbread spice, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk them.
In another bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Then, beat them until they are fluffy.
Add eggs one by one and beat them into the mixture. Add the molasses to it as well and stir it.
Add the flour mixture into this mixture in three parts and mix well. Add some water to it and make the batter smooth.
Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake it for about an hour. Then, take it out and let it cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
After that, mix rum, sugar, and gingerbread spice blend in a bowl and brush the glaze over the cake. Your gingerbread bundt cake is ready!