If you love to try different flavors of ice cream, and not just the traditional ones, I have just the ice cream flavor for you. Ginger ice cream is an out-of-the-box flavor. It is creamy and delicious, just like your regular ice cream, but with tones of ginger.
I happened to visit my friend’s place some years ago and her mother introduced me to this yummy ginger ice cream. I used to visit her home often and it was during this phase that I learned the ginger ice cream recipe. I prepare it often for my young siblings. No doubt, they love it as much as I do.
To make ginger ice cream, add cream, milk, sugar and ginger in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and remove it from heat, so ginger gets infused. Beat eggs and sugar until they’re homogeneous. Then, add 1/2 cup of the cream mixture and mix. Add the yolk mix in the saucepan and stir until thick. Strain through a sieve and refrigerate. Chill and then serve.
This was just a brief summary of the detailed recipe, which you’ll find scrolling down. We’ll go through the recipe in a systematic way, starting with the ingredients and moving on to other important information. But before you check out the full recipe, do have a look at these other ice cream recipes.
1. Chunky Monkey Ice Cream– Ben & Jerry’s is one of the most authentic ice cream chains in America and this Chunky Monkey ice cream is one of their original flavors. It is made from bananas with chocolate chunks and brownie bits.
2. Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich– Oreos are a fan favorite and are used as an addition to so many desserts. So, why not try to keep up with the trend and try to make the Oreo ice cream sandwich at home.
3. Green Tea Ice Cream– If you enjoy the refreshing taste of green tea, then you will love the creamy, sweet, yet sprightly taste of green tea ice cream. This delicious treat hits all the right notes and is fairly healthy, too.
4. Vitamix Ice Cream– Whether it is the summer season or winters, ice creams are always a delight and this Vitamix ice cream recipe is one of the most special ice cream recipes that you’ll learn.
What’s In The Post
Ginger Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 2 oz Fresh Ginger
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
In a heavy saucepan, add the cream, milk, ginger and half of the sugar. Stir it and bring it to boil over medium-high heat.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the ginger to infuse into milk and cream.
Now, reheat the mixture until it gets hot but don’t boil it.
In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and remaining sugar to a homogeneous consistency.
Into this yolk mixture, whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture.
Stir it well and put this egg yolk mixture into the saucepan.
Heat the mixture slowly over medium-low, stirring continuously until it is thick enough to coat a spoon’s back evenly.
Remove the custard from the heat and pass it through a sieve into a bowl.
Stir the custard occasionally so that it reaches room temperature; you can set this bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice water.
Cover the bowl and let it freeze in an ice cream maker until it gets firm