If you want a simple salad that is fresh and crunchy, then the gem lettuce and walnut salad is the perfect one for you. It has a minced shallot seasoning with walnut oil and crunchy roasted walnuts. This gives the salad a nutty flavor and crunchy texture. It is also really easy to make.
Little gem lettuce is a type of small romaine lettuce. It is a type of mini lettuce and is crunchier and sweeter than regular lettuce. It is great for salads and gives a refreshing taste to whatever it is added. The gem lettuce and walnut salad is a great and crunchy salad to have.
To make the gem lettuce and walnut salad, roast the walnuts and chop them. Add minced shallots and lemon juice in a bowl. Season it with salt and pepper. Then, add the gem lettuce, onion slices, squash, watermelon, and cheese in a large bowl and mix. Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss it gently. Lastly, add the roasted walnuts.
This was the overview of the recipe. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Grilled Romaine Lettuce– Green vegetables are always good for our health. They have positive health effects and are always considered beneficial for our health. So, this grilled romaine lettuce is a nutritious and easy-to-make recipe that has always been a perfect choice for a healthy diet.
2. Roasted Broccolini– Green vegetables are always a good choice for a healthy meal. Broccolini is a great choice if you want to eat veggies. Broccolini is the hybrid cultivation of Chinese cabbage and broccoli. It is also really easy to make roasted broccolini.
3. Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad– Thai peanut and quinoa salad is another gem of salads. It contains quinoa and peanuts, which are both known to be beneficial to your health. But other than that, it also has a delicious rich taste. This salad is also vegan.
4. Watermelon Feta Flag Salad– The watermelon feta flag salad combines fruits, vegetables and cheese along with other condiments to make it a festive and flavorful salad. It has it all, the nutrition, the taste, the American flag and the summer vibes.
What’s In The Post
Gem Lettuce And Walnut Salad Recipe
- 4 Heads Little Gem Lettuce
- 1 cup Walnut
- 1 tsp Walnut Oil
- 1 Minced Shallot
- 3 slices Red Onion
- 4 ounces Chopped Yellow Squash
- 2 slices Watermelon
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
At 350°F, preheat the oven. Roast the walnuts for about 12 minutes in the oven until they turn golden. After the walnuts have cooled down, chop the nuts.
Put the walnut in a bowl and sprinkle salt. In a smaller bowl, add minced shallots and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and keep the dressing aside for 10 minutes. Then, add the walnut oil to it and whisk.
In a large bowl, add onion slices, lettuce, pecorino romano cheese, squash, and watermelon slices. Pour the dressing over it and toss it so that everything gets covered. Then, add the roasted walnuts for a crunchy texture.
I hope you liked this recipe. Do try this recipe and share your experience with me. You can also mention your suggestions and queries in the comments. I’ll try my best to help you. Till then, happy eating!