Garlic Noodles is a Chinese dish that everyone loves. Here I am going to show how you can easily make these noodles at your home.
They are also known as San Francisco Garlic Noodles. I have been eating and making garlic noodles since my childhood. These are very simple and easy to make. For those of you who love Chinese food, you should try this dish. Even if you don’t like Chinese dishes, you will start liking it after trying out these noodles at your home.
Garlic Noodles has 2 main ingredients: the secret sauce and garlic. To make secret sauce, mix Soy, Oyster, Asian fish, Worcestershire sauce, oil and pepper. Take a pan and melt butter. Then add garlic and secret sauce. Toss the noodles into the pan. Coat them with sauce. At last add, chilli flakes and cheese. Noodles are ready!
This was just a short glimpse of the recipe. If you want a perfect and easy recipe, then make sure you follow the detailed recipe below. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Lefse– It is really a healthy recipe and I am pretty sure you all will like it very much. This recipe is known as Lefse. It is a very easy recipe and has a very good amount of nutritional elements.
2. Duck Liver– Duck livers are normally associated with velvety smooth pâté, sometimes mixed with luxurious and expensive foie gras.
3. Spinach Noodles– These green spinach noodles have a very interesting texture and flavor, but they taste better than store-bought noodles because they’re fresh.
4. Coconut Rice– Coconut rice is a dish prepared by soaking white rice in coconut milk or cooking it with coconut flakes.
What’s In The Post
Ingredients for Garlic Noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sesame oil
- 6 ounces Dry Egg Noodles
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 8 cloves finely Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- thinly sliced Green Onion (for Garnishing)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- red chili flakes to taste
The ingredients that you might not have in your kitchen can be easily fetched from nearby supermarkets. Also, you will be stunned to see the time taken by the dish. Refer to the timetable below.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Garlic Noodles?
Yes, the flavourful Garlic Noodles will be ready to get into your belly in just 15 minutes. I am sure you can’t wait to check the steps involved in making the noodles at home. Here you go, check out the recipe below.
Steps to Make Garlic Noodles
- Make the secret sauce by mixing Soya sauce, Oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Asian fish sauce, Sesame oil and Cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir to mix properly.
- Take a pan and melt butter on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the secret sauce to the garlic.
- Boil water and add noodles to salty boiling water. Cook as per instructions on the pack.
- Now with help of tongs add the noodles to the pan with the garlic.
- Toss the noodles in the sauce so that they completely covered with sauce.
- At last, add the cheese and cook for a minute.
Your Garlic Noodles are ready to serve! Garnish with sliced spring onion and red chilli flakes.
Tip 1: If noodles are a little dry, then use some extra noodles water.
Tip 2: Serve them with garlic roasted crab, shrimp, chicken or pork chop.
Nutritional Breakdown of Garlic Noodles
It is important to understand what you are feeding your body with. Hence, I’ve added the nutritional values of the constituents of the dish. Do check it out.
Note- The nutritional breakdown is for one bowl of garlic noodle.
How to Make Garlic Noodles at Home | Video
Visuals are easy to keep in mind. Hence, for easy understanding, I am adding a video of the recipe for garlic noodles. I hope it helps and clears doubts if you have any. Enjoy the video.
Add-on to San Francisco Garlic Noodles:
Flying reviews are coming in from Minnesota; my grandfather who lives there was very much excited to know my profession. While he does not work really well with the commenting platform here is a snippet of our email conversation.
Now that you have a complete guide to cooking garlic noodles at home, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get rolling. Do share your experience and feedback with us in the comment section below. Let us know if there’s any experiment that can be done in our kitchens; we are open to suggestions. Stay safe and stay indoors!