Duck Confit is a great recipe made with duck, herbs, and spices. It is cooked slowly in duck fat. It is a great way to make a rich duck recipe.
Duck fat is also beneficial for your health. It contains healthy fats and cells that help in maintaining the bones of our body. Duck Confit is a simple and delicious recipe.
To make duck Confit, sprinkle salt, garlic, thyme, and shallots in a container. Add the duck to it and refrigerate for about 2 days. Then, melt the duck fat in a pan. Add the duck into it and drizzle some fat over it. Place the pan in the oven and cook for about 2 hours.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Braised Beef– This juicy braised beef recipe is so tender and flavorful. The beef is browned in hot olive oil, then covered in spices, garlic, sauteed onion, and braised in red wine.
2. Arroz Rojo– Such an easy yet delicious recipe is what I am here with today. The Mexican Arroz Rojo (Red Rice) is today’s special and I will be your host today to help you in making this recipe at home. Stay tuned and follow me for the best Arroz Rojo recipe at home.
3. Turkey Liver– Got some turkey liver and don’t know what to do with it? Learn how to cook turkey liver in the simplest and most delicious way.
4. Veal Marsala– Chicken (Veal) Marsala is an Italian-American dish made from chicken breast and marsala wine. It dates its origin back to the 19th century and is a variation of traditional Italian Scaloppine dishes.
What’s In The Post
Duck Confit Recipe
- 4 Duck Legs With Thighs
- 4 Duck Wings (trimmed)
- 1 Shallot
- 6 sprigs Thyme
- 4 Garlic cloves (smashed)
- 4 cups Duck Fat
- 3 tablespoons Salt
- A pinch of Ground Black Pepper
Take a large container and sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt in the dish.
Add garlic, thyme, and shallots to it. Scatter then evenly in the container.
Arrange the duck in the container. Add the remaining salt, garlic, thyme, shallots, and a small amount of pepper in it.
Cover the container and put it inside the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
After that, preheat the oven first to 225oF.
Take a small pan and melt the duck fat in it. Brush the salt and add the pieces of duck in a baking dish.
Drizzle the melted fat over the duck and put it inside the oven.
Cook the confit slowly, minimum for 2-3 hrs, and after that remove it from the oven.