Corns, no doubt, is loved by everyone. So would you like to add this party-friendly treat to your thanksgiving feast? If yes, then fill your salad bowl with corn salad with bacon and honey on Thanksgiving dinner. As you can guess! These corns are savory, sweet and everything in between. The crispy bacon in the salad compliments every bite and makes this salad perfect to be presented on the Thanksgiving dinner table.
Corn salad with bacon and honey is a healthy and delicious recipe for corn. There’re a lot more ways to make this salad even tastier. So if you feel like adding something extra (spices or flavors or veggies) to the salad, just bring it on! The best thing about this salad is that it’ll not take much of your time and it’ll be tastier than most salad recipes you’ve tried. Add salt and pepper according to your taste if you wish to have seasoning flavors in the salad.
To know the equipment and the ingredients needed in the recipe for corn salad with bacon and honey, check out the lists mentioned below. Then, start making the salad by following the recipe instructions. I’m sure this salad would be super delicious as described below.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need For Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey?
- Bowl- Serve the salad in the bowl. You can also mix the ingredients like veggies with honey and corn in the bowl to make the salad.
- Saucepan- Use a saucepan to cook bacon and shallots for the salad.
- Spatula- Stir the bacon or the shallots in the saucepan using a spatula. Also, use a spatula to combine the salad mixture with seasoning spices and honey.
- Spoon- Use a spoon to add corn or honey to the salad mixture.
- Knife- Use a sharp kitchen knife like a chef’s knife to slice the bacon and shallots.
- Paper towel- Place the cooked bacon over the paper towel on the plate to make sure that the bacon is dry before adding it to the salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey?
What Ingredients Will You Need For Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey?
- Bacon- Bacon is one of the key ingredients for this salad. Chop three to four slices of bacon for the salad.
- Shallot- Chop one medium-sized shallot to add the mildly sweet flavor of shallots to the salad.
- Thyme- Add aromatic flavors to the salad by adding a tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves.
- Vinegar- Vinegar adds a sharp tart and vinegary taste to the salad. It also combines all the flavors of the ingredients and spices added to it. Use two tablespoons of sherry vinegar in this salad recipe.
- Corn- Use about three cups of thawed frozen corn for this recipe. Corns give a sweet buttery flavor to the salad.
- Honey- When the salad is almost done, give a final touch by adding a teaspoon of pure honey to it. Toss the salad well to coat with honey and make it extra delicious. Honey adds a sweet flavor to balance the flavors along with the tartness of the vinegar.
Steps To Make Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey
1. Cook The Bacon
Set a large skillet on medium heat and cook bacon in it for about 8 to 10 minutes. Spread the bacon over the paper towel on a plate and let it dry.
2. Toss With Spices And Honey
Now, add thyme and shallots to the same skillet containing oil. Stir and cook for at least 2 or 3 minutes until the shallots are soft. Add corn and vinegar to the skillet and toss. Cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add honey and cooked bacon to the mixture. Toss them, transfer them into a bowl, and serve.
How Will Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey Look and Taste?
Our Corn salad with bacon and honey is ready! This delicious Thanksgiving salad is filled with corn and crispy bacon. The shallots and thyme added to the salad give aromatic flavors to the salad. This salad is coated with sherry vinegar and honey to give a balance to sweet and tart flavors in the salad. Try this salad for the Thanksgiving feast and enjoy it!
Corn Salad With Bacon And Honey
- 4 slices Bacon (chopped)
- 1 medium Shallot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme
- 2 teaspoon Sherry Vinegar
- 3 cup Frozen Corn (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Honey
To a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon and cook it for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then, spread the bacon over the paper towel on a plate and let it dry.
Now, stir in thyme and shallots in the same skillet. Add more oil if required. Stir and cook for at least 2 or 3 minutes until the shallots are soft. Then, add corn and vinegar to the skillet. Cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove them from the heat. Now, add honey and cooked bacon to the mixture. Toss them, transfer them into a bowl, and serve.
Did you like this Thanksgiving salad recipe? Share your experience in the comments below and check out our other holiday recipes too.