Crispy corn nuggets are a perfect go-to delicious snack that can be made in a jiffy. If you are desperately trying to hone your cooking skills, start with this instant recipe that can get you all the praise you need in no time.
With a blend of corn, flour, and a bit of seasoning, you get that crunchy, yummy evening snack that can be served with tomato sauce. Your recipe will be ready in just half an hour’s time!
Corn kernels in this recipe can be fresh, canned, or frozen. Buttermilk can be a good substitute for vegetable oil. Vegans can avoid eggs, and still, the recipe would turn out awesome. Get up on the cooking stage and parade your skill in just 30 minutes. Check out the detailed instructions given below for the recipe.
What’s In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Corn Nuggets?
- A Frying Pot – You need a frying pot to deep fry the nuggets.
- Two Small Bowls – You require bowls to whisk the ingredients and prepare the batter.
- Whisk – You would need a whisk to mix flour and cornmeal.
- Skimmer – You need a skimmer to take out the fried nuggets from the pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Corn Nuggets?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Corn Nuggets?
- Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil is needed to deep-fry the nuggets.
- Corn – The centerpiece of our recipe, corn can be either frozen or canned.
- Cornmeal – Cornmeal gives you the soft, crispy coating to your nuggets.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour is indispensable in frying food items.
- Sugar – A pinch of sugar enhances the overall taste of the recipe.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder ensures that your nuggets get a rough texture in an appealing way.
- Salt – Salt is used as per the preference of the foodies who shall taste your nuggets.
- Eggs – Adding eggs is the most appropriate way to thicken your batter in the recipe.
- Butter – Butter renders the shape and texture to the nuggets in this recipe.
- Milk – Milk strengthens the batter in the recipe.
Steps To Make Corn Nuggets
1. Preparing The Batter
Take a bowl and whisk these ingredients – all-purpose flour, salt, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder. In a different bowl, whisk the beaten eggs, unsalted butter, and milk. Add this to the flour mixture and whisk well. Add corn to this batter and fold in well.
2. The Frying Affair
In a frying pot, add vegetable oil and heat it over medium flame. Take a scoop of the batter and drop it into the heated oil. Fry using a skimmer for over three to four minutes until golden brown, occasionally turning the nuggets over for balanced cooking. Serve the nuggets hot on a platter.
Remember to not fry the nuggets over the high flame as it may leave the inside uncooked while burning the outside. If you are out of cornmeal, add cornflour or more all-purpose flour to the recipe. It would be better to fry the nuggets in different batches to ensure proper cooking. You can dust the corn nuggets with sugar and serve them with tomato sauce.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||83 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will Corn Nuggets Look and Taste Like?
Corn nuggets are an absolute treat to the eyes and tongue. The crispy texture and the flavor that emanates from the inside make you crave more. It is a savory food item that can perfectly brighten your snack time.
Corn Nuggets Recipe
A Frying Pot
- 1 ½ cups Corn
- ½ cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup Milk
Take a bowl and whisk all-purpose flour, salt, cornmeal, sugar and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, butter and milk.
Add this to the flour mixture and whisk well.
Add corn to the above-prepared batter and fold in well.
Heat oil over medium flame in a frying pot.
Drop a scooped batter onto the oil and fry using a skimmer for over three to four minutes.
Repeat the above process and flip the nuggets occasionally for cooking both sides.
Serve the nuggets hot on a platter.
I have brought to you this time a very easy, stupendous recipe that promises a taste that is nothing but yum and crisp. Make it a point to try it out and let me know the praises you were showered with. Until then, happy crunching folks!